MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-general-discussion-89/)
-   -   Gauge Pillar Q? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-general-discussion/433972-gauge-pillar-q.html)

RedStarBelgrade 04-16-2008 02:40 PM

Gauge Pillar Q?

I'm about to buy a gauge A-Pillar. I don't know shoud I get double or triple...I don't see any big difference, unless triple (maybe) looks better!

ESG-642T 04-16-2008 03:43 PM

RE: Gauge Pillar Q?

I don't see the need to buy one unless you have the need for gauges?

LilRoush 04-16-2008 03:57 PM

x2

RyansQuick6 04-16-2008 10:17 PM

get the one that holds as many guages as you need. What do you need?

RedStarBelgrade 04-16-2008 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

I'm getting my s/c installed in a week or two...but anyways it's gonna have to wait. I found that installation wont be cheap at all. However, they told me it would take couple of days to get s/c installed...I think thats crazy, its a day job it shouldn't take more than a day!

RedStarBelgrade 04-16-2008 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: RyansQuick6

get the one that holds as many guages as you need. What do you need?
I dont know man thats why I asked.

RyansQuick6 04-17-2008 09:59 AM

boost, water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, a/f, egt, clock lol?

ESG-642T 04-17-2008 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: RedStarBelgrade

I'm getting my s/c installed in a week or two...but anyways it's gonna have to wait. I found that installation wont be cheap at all. However, they told me it would take couple of days to get s/c installed...I think thats crazy, its a day job it shouldn't take more than a day!
Why pay to have it installed, its not hard at all -

RedStarBelgrade 04-17-2008 11:39 AM

I know man but thats not me....I can do something minor but this is "biggie" for me, plus the oil pan has to be tapped, than welded...I wouldn't risk. I wish I can find somebody who's not an "official mechanic" and have him do it, I'd rather pay a regular mustang lover than arrogant mechanic who said it would take 4 to 5 days! I will call brenspeed.com today and ask for an estimate....they are like 2 hours from me. It probably wont be cheap either but I'll try!

jthorn9 04-17-2008 12:40 PM

I know man but thats not me....I can do something minor but this is "biggie" for me, plus the oil pan has to be tapped, than welded...I wouldn't risk. I wish I can find somebody who's not an "official mechanic" and have him do it, I'd rather pay a regular mustang lover than arrogant mechanic who said it would take 4 to 5 days! I will call brenspeed.com today and ask for an estimate....they are like 2 hours from me. It probably wont be cheap either but I'll try!
Well aside from taping the oil pan, nothing about the S/C install is hard. It's just a matter or removing some bolts, taking your time, and following the instructions. It's the tuning that's a pain.

I'd only get the boost gauge and air to fuel ratio, if you insist on the third then make it the water temperature gauge to help monitor engine heat.

RyansQuick6 04-17-2008 01:23 PM

I honestly prefer having anEGT instead of water temp. EGT's rise a lot faster than water temps.

RedStarBelgrade 04-18-2008 10:24 AM

And how about thespark plugs...which should I get? Once again I'm putting Vortech!

ESG-642T 04-18-2008 10:56 AM

Oil pan takes all of 10min to tap, it doesn't have to be welded.
Its really SIMPLE. Save the money and use it on other mods....

Also plugs. NGK Tr6 (i think those are 2heat ranges colder) until its tuned the the NGK IX.

ESG-642T 04-18-2008 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: RyansQuick6

I honestly prefer having anEGT instead of water temp. EGT's rise a lot faster than water temps.
But whats the point of having an EGT? Unless you have a turbo?

Just guess its gonna be between super hot and very hot.

Boost - Air/Fuel(wideband) - and fuel pressure or oil pressure. Either of those last 2 drop and you don't know it bad things happend!

RedStarBelgrade 04-18-2008 11:26 AM

Ok any voluntaries aroung IL-IN boardto do my s/c.....I'm paying some money;). I'm tired of those "mechanics" talking sh!t how it takes 3 to 4 days and there'sa lot of work to be done, and asking some crazy prices!

ESG-642T 04-18-2008 11:57 AM

Ok any voluntaries aroung IL-IN boardto do my s/c.....I'm paying some money;). I'm tired of those "mechanics" talking sh!t how it takes 3 to 4 days and there'sa lot of work to be done, and asking some crazy prices!
Trust me if I was a mechanic...
at 55/65$ an hour it would take me 3 days also:D:D

RedStarBelgrade 04-18-2008 02:56 PM

I know but thats their job...I don't blame them for that, its just pissing me off!

RedStarBelgrade 04-25-2008 04:50 PM

Also plugs. NGK Tr6 (i think those are 2heat ranges colder) until its tuned the the NGK IX.

Where can I find NGK Tr6, any auto store...I went to auto advance and some guy was giving me NGK Tr550, he said Tr6 may do some harm to my car! And are you saying that when I get the s/c installed I should get the Tr6 and when I tune it NGK IX? I don't really understand how that works! Also do I get new wires or that can wait?