V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

i need help!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 03:18 AM
nevek1

Default i need help!!!!!!!!!

hi im new to the mustang scene i used to be an all honda japanese car enthusiest but i just decided to drive my friends mustang one day (5.0) and i've been hooked i recently bought a 98 mustang about 4 months ago the car was great but about 3 weeks ago i was in a big car accident a drunk driver took a red light and wrecked my new front bumper fenders and hood that i had replaced 3 days before that.... and added to that now my whole front is totaled i want to keep the same car and repair it (first mustang dont want to sell it) the problem is i cant find a place to buy the whole engine bay or if its even is possible and also i want to drop a cobra engine in there but i dont know which engine would work best..........any suggestions or directions as to where i can find what i'm looking for will be greatly appreciated.........thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 06:05 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: i need help!!!!!!!!!

Everything you want to do is possible, with the right amount of money. I wrecked my mustang in the front, lightly at that (no structure damage or engine damage). The body shop wanted $2500 to fix it. By the time you fixed the damage, added a cobra engine, and everything else needed for the swap (a whole lot); You'd probably be at or above the $10K range, probably more.

For that price, you could easily find a cobra in great shape, or a nicely modded gt, ls1 camaro, c4 corvette, lots of options.

Food for thought.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM
parigod
1st Gear Member

Not sure on this, but once the front in is messed up, isn't it very hard to get back aligned(if anyone knows this, please fill me in)? You sure you wouldn't want to just get a new car? You'd be looking at a nice chunk of change for all that work.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:04 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Mustang Parts Specialties in Winder GA. sells nothing but mustang parts. I got an entire front end from the windshield forward (no engine or suspension) for $2500 and it cost another $2200 to have someone cut off and reinstall the core support and paint After all said and done it cost me $7000 for all the parts and labor. Only reason i did it is insurance paid and otherwise they were gonna total the car and give me $5200.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:07 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Yeah dude, it's not worth, just take the insurance money and get another one.

Search this Thread