V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Getting discouraged

Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Ya the rudeness I don't understand. Maybe there disappointed? I'm not sure I haven't met to many mustang guys who say that but mostly everyday car guys.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:05 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

There isn't really any "rudeness" out there except by young turds that literally don't know jack sh*t about cars and thinks the size of the motor is all that matters.

The only real "rudeness" you're gonna get is gonna be the old GM vs Ford battle, you'll catch crap all day from die hard GM fans and you know what...I'm A OK with that cause they're entitled to that opinion.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Haha the old ford Chevy thing in my opinion is a good thing. Batman needs the joker. Dale Earnhardt needed Jeff Gordon etc. but v6 vs. v8 I'm not so sure
Old 06-02-2013, 09:32 PM
car_designer

Mobiusone stang, IF you can afford it, like others have said, do to the car what you want and what makes you happy. I've been in that situation, and heard comments like that (not because of engine, but because of the # of doors on my car).

jthorn9, I disagree. Rudeness comes from all ages, and not always by words but actions as well. I've only come back to my car once at a car show to find someone leaning against the fender, and they weren't young. And they did have their own show car.

But I do agree completely about the GM vs. Ford battle. I'm on both sides now, and even within GM there are internal battles especially when you own an Oldsmobile and hang out with Chevy guys
Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

In general the V6 vs V8 thing is gonna come from young people, yes there are some that will defy that, but those are also the same *** holes that have to be mean to make up for their lack of something elsewhere.....and yes, that's exactly where it stems from.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Agreed, I never took flak about a V6 from anyone but guys who bought a V8 to prove something. The same guys who didn't understand anything dragging their knuckles on the ground and hoping to keep the fire in the cave going. The days of 100 hp V6's are long gone. They are no longer the little whimpy motor of years past. Some just can't let that sink in.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
car_designer

jthorn9, the more I think about it, the more you're right.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

My wife and I have a 2013 Gt and a 2013 V6. The end of the day they are really not that different. The V6 has no issues keeping up when we hit the freeway. Ya maybe a flat out drag race the V6 would fall behind but by way a second maybe two. The real funny thing is the V6 can take out our 72 Mach1, so that should tell you something about how far a V6 engine has come over the years.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

haha, I personally like schooling the 6er haters at car shows and such... so fun.

My car started as my high school/college DD and evolved into a monster "race car" even though it isn't. I built it for what I wanted in the end not for what "Jo shmo" wanted.

Moral of the car enthusiast world is, build what you want when you want and if you get tired of it move on.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:14 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
My wife and I have a 2013 Gt and a 2013 V6. The end of the day they are really not that different. The V6 has no issues keeping up when we hit the freeway. Ya maybe a flat out drag race the V6 would fall behind but by way a second maybe two. The real funny thing is the V6 can take out our 72 Mach1, so that should tell you something about how far a V6 engine has come over the years.
The modern 3.7L is a beast in the world of V6s and can really hang with a lot of other cars. They only really fall short when compared to 05+ GTs, and even then it's somewhat close stock for stock. A guy posted a really good video of his 05 GT vs his new 2011 V6, and while the GT won, it was still close. The V6 has a severe edge with it's 6 speed transmission compared to the older 5 speed in the GT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting discouraged