V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Acceleration is delayed

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:08 PM
EARose2011

Default Acceleration is delayed

Recently put a CPS on the vehicle and she been sitting for about 2 years but was driven atleast around the block in 2016 but now the car hesitates when I hit acceleration. From the stop position it takes alot for it to get going and it feels sluggish. I recently put some new gas in it and also I basically have to floor it to get it to respond. And to add sometimes it goes to 3000 rpms before changing gears and thats only if it even pushes hard enough to get there so my question is, is something clogged? or What check list should I go through? Air filter is new so that can be ruled out and fuel pump and filter are 1 year old

Thanks for the help in advance guys
Old 04-13-2017, 07:09 PM
EARose2011

also not overheating at all
Old 04-14-2017, 07:13 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

What is CPS? How many miles on the car and year? What other maintenance was done to it? Spark plugs/ignition related stuff? Maybe clogged catalytic converter in the exhaust?
Old 04-14-2017, 07:27 AM
EARose2011

138,208 miles, CPS Camshaft Position Sensor was replaced. I did a tune up on it a year ago, from after tune up I didn't drive it much except for around the block a couple times. Neighbor told me last night there is probably water in my tank, it was on a quarter tank for about 2 years, never knew gas was that low because fuel system was jacked up. So I Bought some HEET and I'm gonna see if I can get some power back today. Also catalytic converter stopped smoking after I drove the car for a bit
Originally Posted by 99GTvert
What is CPS? How many miles on the car and year? What other maintenance was done to it? Spark plugs/ignition related stuff? Maybe clogged catalytic converter in the exhaust?