Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:19 AM
loveless
1st Gear Member

Default wHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Brought my vista blue pony package mustang home a week ago today. Already want to do the mod thing so here is what i'm thinking so far and would love some input.

fang chin spoiler
18x10 chrome bullits on the rear
18x9 chrome bullits on the front
10 inch stripes with 1/4 inch gap with 1/4 inch pinstripes. I dont know if I want just the trunk lid roof and hood or if I want the whole deal.
Eibach springs
JBA muffler.
Xenon Quarter C Scoop

mostly cosmetic so far. not really a hard core racer kind of guy. Looking for a look and a sound. I just want a hot looking muscle car! Is that so wrong! LOL

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:04 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: wHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

My wife got her Vista Blue 06 about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I already got the gt take off bumpers, wheels, tires and exhaust and am in the process of installing. I just recently saw a picture of a vista blue mustang with polished bullitts and it looked sharp. Really makes the blue pop. We are also looking at doing the dual stripes but i'm undecided on if i want the pinstripes and how far to go with them. I like the stripes all the way down the bumpers in the front but i'm not as crazy about it in the rear. We are looking at either the cdc chin spoiler or the fang one. I was leaning toward the fang chin spoiler until i read that its fiberglass. Means you pretty much have to have it painted. I like the idea of the cdc spoiler being molded urethane that you can use in it textured black finish. Kind of like mach chin spoiler for the 99-04's. I thought about ordering one from cdc and having it painted to match but the wife hasn't decided if she likes it that way.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

wait on the stripes if u dont have them yet in case u are toying w/ the idea of getting gt parts or whatever so u can just get it done when u have the body exactly the way u want it so you dont have 2 go back and do it again and whatnot.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:19 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02pnygt

My wife got her Vista Blue 06 about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I already got the gt take off bumpers, wheels, tires and exhaust and am in the process of installing. I just recently saw a picture of a vista blue mustang with polished bullitts and it looked sharp. Really makes the blue pop. We are also looking at doing the dual stripes but i'm undecided on if i want the pinstripes and how far to go with them. I like the stripes all the way down the bumpers in the front but i'm not as crazy about it in the rear. We are looking at either the cdc chin spoiler or the fang one. I was leaning toward the fang chin spoiler until i read that its fiberglass. Means you pretty much have to have it painted. I like the idea of the cdc spoiler being molded urethane that you can use in it textured black finish. Kind of like mach chin spoiler for the 99-04's. I thought about ordering one from cdc and having it painted to match but the wife hasn't decided if she likes it that way.
Cool!!!! Leave it black and go the classic boss look.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:20 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: loveless

Brought my vista blue pony package mustang home a week ago today. Already want to do the mod thing so here is what i'm thinking so far and would love some input.

fang chin spoiler
10 inch stripes with 1/4 inch gap with 1/4 inch pinstripes. I dont know if I want just the trunk lid roof and hood or if I want the whole deal.
Eibach springs
JBA muffler.
Xenon Quarter C Scoop

mostly cosmetic so far. not really a hard core racer kind of guy. Looking for a look and a sound. I just want a hot looking muscle car! Is that so wrong! LOL

Thanks!
What color stripes are you going with? And of course you got my vote on the pin stripes.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:27 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: loveless

fang chin spoiler
Eibach springs
JBA muffler.
Xenon Quarter C Scoop

Thanks!
What color stripes are you going with? And of course you got my vote on the pin stripes.

I like your ideas on the muffler and springs but beware your gas milage will go down with those big 18" rims (takes more power to turn the bigger rim) It can be "slightly" compensated for by going with a higher octane fuel. Either way it will be more money out of your pocket just to operate the vehicle.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

It's your money, but I don't understand going with the pony package then getting 18 inch wheels.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:28 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

loveless skip the stripes. I have a VB and thought about stripes BEFORE I got the car. Now that I have it, putting stripes on that pretty of a car is bad. I love the chin spoilers, complete the front end. IMO don't waste your money on the wheels I think the 17" bullits look classic. Instead spend that money on stripes and wheels on Xcal2,CAI,Tlok maybe more agressive gears. You will love it. To each his own, thought I would throw out my .02. Good luck and happy motoring.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
loveless
1st Gear Member

ok so the more i look at the ride the more i like the stock 17's that came with the pony package. It truly is a an awesome car. So for now the first thing is going to be the jba muffler. And probably the cdc chin spoiler. The fact that its textured black already is cool so it would match the side rockers. And then the Eibach springs. From what i can gather it wont drop me to much and still give me that muscle car rake i like so much.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
loveless
1st Gear Member

Love all the input. Really makes you think!

Quick Reply: wHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?