MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Shelby/Paxton supercharger with intercooler (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/105473-shelby-paxton-supercharger-with-intercooler.html)

onefastv6 03-16-2006 06:07 PM

RE: Shelby/Paxton supercharger with intercooler

looks sweet, i cant wait to get one! (if i do)

scrming 03-16-2006 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@cox.net

Yea why the 8.8 rear?? Can't our rear hold up to about 350 - 400hp at the wheel with a 7.5 & a tlok?? I seriously am going to supercharge sometime this year meybe turbo but I wanted to get my gears and tlok done first and meybe a shifter and some LCA's but if I need a whole new rear!!! for the future SC that would be nice to know now before I put gears & tlok in my 7.5. lol How much is a 8.8 rear end? Dose the 8.8 already come with a tlok or would I need to still upgrade the tlok in the 8.8? Is the 8.8 diff closed on turns too right? Would I really need a 8.8 rear end for 350hp and 400tq at the wheel?

The most important thing is that my car is a daily driver so it will haft to last years and Im not just talking 1 or 2 a few good years, like I need reliable tranportation to school for a while when I start school that is. What do you guys think. I don't want to rebuild my engine by 2008 - 2009 cause of all the stress. You guy say that are engines won't really last but I know its possible to have a SC as a daily driver, they have those SVT mustangs that are SC off the lot!!! and the Mach 1's off the lot!! and what about the new Shelby V6 there gunna have off of the lot. So are those soppossed to break cause of stress after 2 years because they've had a Supercharger on it??!!!! I don't think so!! I pay for a Shelby that thing is gunna hold up for at least 6 7 years before go's. But any way should I think about a 8.8 rear end??
For a DD that' s the beauty of Nitrous... open bottle... go 1320 feet... close bottle... LOL!

Well..... my 7.5 and T-Lok is holding up fine... and that's with Drag Radials... Granted I have an automatic... LOL! BTW... we tested out my new DR's today on some cold concrete with out any kind of burnout... Those suckers hook!! Can't wait until the track opens!!!

cman332001 03-16-2006 07:26 PM

What is the deal with the X-charger - wondering why some of you are waiting and favoring that...? is it cheaper , put out less HP?

I am also waiting for an SC - do not wish to use the bottle even with the success people here are having....What kinda of price range can we expect out of the X-charger... can someone give me some history on it... (don't want to hijack this post but often times tangent discussion emerge)

scrming 03-16-2006 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: cman332001

What is the deal with the X-charger - wondering why some of you are waiting and favoring that...? is it cheaper , put out less HP?

I am also waiting for an SC - do not wish to use the bottle even with the success people here are having....What kinda of price range can we expect out of the X-charger... can someone give me some history on it... (don't want to hijack this post but often times tangent discussion emerge)
some people prefer root or twin screw blowers... the Eaton that E-Xpress is using makes like 70% of it's boost by like 1800 RPM ro something like that... some people want that low end grunt... I know I do! LOL!

02pnygt 03-16-2006 07:44 PM

Does anyone have a link for info on this X-charger. I've seen it mentioned a few times but never found much info on it. I'm going to supercharging the wifes stang sometime late summer, early fall and looking to research as much as possible. For her daily driver i will probably stick with a centrifigul since you can stay in the low rpm's and maintain stock driveability. It's not like she will really need the extra power anyway. I previously had a vortec on my 02 gt before switching to the stroker and kb combination. The kb is going to be alot of fun but i must say with the vortec it was nice to drive around the street like there was nothing there and then get on it if i wanted to. Right now i'm leaning toward the procharger for her car but i'm sure by the time fall gets here that there will probably be more options on the horizons.

blackfoot 03-16-2006 07:58 PM

the paxton must be oil fed... youll have to tap into your block somewhere to supply oil..

the procharger is selfcontained.. IMO this would be the better choice

Justin_R 03-16-2006 08:06 PM

Yeah whats the website to this X-charger you guys are talking about sounds interesting!

Jimp 03-16-2006 08:16 PM

http://american-speed.com/collective...read.php?t=167
http://www.explorerexpress.com/catal...ercharger.html

02pnygt 03-16-2006 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

the paxton must be oil fed... youll have to tap into your block somewhere to supply oil..

the procharger is selfcontained.. IMO this would be the better choice
Vortecs and Paxtons have to be tapped into the oil pan. It sounds like a big deal but it really isn't. When i put the vortec on my 02 i was kind of freaking out because of this. Ended up being a piece of cake. Atleast this way the oil supply to the blower is changed as often as your oil change. With the procharger it becomes extra maintenance. Of course changing it every 6,000 miles really wouldn't be a big deal either. The only things that really concerns me with procharger is in the past they have had issues with seals leaking. To the best of my knowledge this has been corrected for sometime though.

blackfoot 03-16-2006 08:26 PM

how do you supply oil from the pan... it can certainly be returned to the pan...

the only way i can see that working is if the theres a positive displacement pump in the SC itself to draw oil from the pan

if not hook a T line from your oil pressure sending unit so oil pressure pushes the oil to the SC