Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shelby/Paxton supercharger with intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:05 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default Shelby/Paxton supercharger with intercooler

http://www.shopshelby.com/cs6parts2.html

Scroll down a bit and you'll find...

Shelby/Paxton Supercharger w/Intercooler

Original Shelby Mustangs featured a Paxton supercharger. Shelby is the exclusive source for Shelby/Paxton superchargers. Specially designed for the 2005+ Mustang V6 engine, this intercooled supercharger application is for professional installation only. Requires custom computer tune and will give your V6 pony 350 horsepower when used with our dual exhaust. Requires the 8.8 inch rear end and we recommend our Shelby/Baer brake package. Fits any 2005+ V6 Mustang. Click the photo on the left to zoom in.

Price: $4495.00

50% Deposit: $2247.50

[IMG]local://upfiles/15012/FE2A91494A3C4AB2B76076932CD68EBE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-16-2006, 01:54 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby/Paxton supercharger with intercooler

Looks awesome! Is this on your future mod list? I'm suprised with it having the Shelby name associated with it that the price isn't more. Right in line with others.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Volcom66
2nd Gear Member

Ohhh man how I wish I had $5000...Now that would be a super sleeping GT eating machine!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:06 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

Looks awesome! Is this on your future mod list? I'm suprised with it having the Shelby name associated with it that the price isn't more. Right in line with others.
actually I think it's a bit more than others.... not much but more.... plus.... "it requires an 8.8 rear".... ?????
Old 03-16-2006, 08:53 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea why the 8.8 rear?? Can't our rear hold up to about 350 - 400hp at the wheel with a 7.5 & a tlok?? I seriously am going to supercharge sometime this year meybe turbo but I wanted to get my gears and tlok done first and meybe a shifter and some LCA's but if I need a whole new rear!!! for the future SC that would be nice to know now before I put gears & tlok in my 7.5. lol How much is a 8.8 rear end? Dose the 8.8 already come with a tlok or would I need to still upgrade the tlok in the 8.8? Is the 8.8 diff closed on turns too right? Would I really need a 8.8 rear end for 350hp and 400tq at the wheel?

The most important thing is that my car is a daily driver so it will haft to last years and Im not just talking 1 or 2 a few good years, like I need reliable tranportation to school for a while when I start school that is. What do you guys think. I don't want to rebuild my engine by 2008 - 2009 cause of all the stress. You guy say that are engines won't really last but I know its possible to have a SC as a daily driver, they have those SVT mustangs that are SC off the lot!!! and the Mach 1's off the lot!! and what about the new Shelby V6 there gunna have off of the lot. So are those soppossed to break cause of stress after 2 years because they've had a Supercharger on it??!!!! I don't think so!! I pay for a Shelby that thing is gunna hold up for at least 6 7 years before go's. But any way should I think about a 8.8 rear end??
Old 03-16-2006, 09:16 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Pretty nice...i think i like the procharger better though. Seemes more complete and a little finer tuned.

But I wonder if you can buy those Shelby rear badges...
Old 03-16-2006, 11:32 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

I'd love to supercharge... but, that's a ways down the road. For a daily driver, I think I like the X-charger better (um... well, when it comes out!). I'm not so keen on replacing the entire rear end. Rick... I'm with ya... if I supercharge, it's gotta last years and years.

Here's the link to the first page... lots of other nifty parts to Shelby-ize your ride... http://www.shopshelby.com/cs6parts1.html
Old 03-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ANOTHER centrifugal SC for the V6? One has to wonder what kind of a market there is for them for there to be 3 different manufacturers. Must be a lot more hot rod minded V6 owners out there then most people think

I'm still holding out for the X-Charger. I got an email update from them yesterday, all the bits are ordered for the kits and it sounds like it's only a month or 2 out at this point.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:16 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Unfortunatly - That's been their reply since November.....
Old 03-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Here's the info I was sent yesterday:

Hi Tres,

The Mustang X-CHARGER details are all worked out. I know that the Mustang X-C has been slow coming, but I won't sell a part until, in my mind, it is perfect. For instance, I got a slick idea how to use the factory plastic breather and PCV hoses, we fitted the hoses on the car and designed some special fittings. They are ordered and I expect them in 3 weeks.

The production inlet castings are due to arrive in 20 days. At that point, the only production part that is not in hand will be the replacement EGR tubes, which are ordered, but no certain delivery date.

We have a preliminary tune via SCT Xcalibrator. When we have the production parts, we will do the production tune. That should only take one day.

I'm pretty excited about the Mustang X-CHARGER. I work on it as much as I can, between phone calls and emails and other business duties. Personally, I'd rather be criticized for taking a long time than for producing a part that doesn't work right or is fragile. It's been a long road, but the end is close. And the results are worthy.

I appreciate your interest. The Mustang X-C will be something that you can rely on, with OE quality, appearance and longevity.

Thank you,
Dave Vanek
Explorer Express

Quick Reply: Shelby/Paxton supercharger with intercooler