Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Confused

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Nuke1
1st Gear Member

Default Confused

[:-]Confused

O.K. Here I go... I am reading all the posts about exhausts and CAI. I was getting somewhere but now I am lost. Here, this is what I want : I want to increase power and I do not want to reflash the car for now. So I was going with MRT exhaust and CAI but some poeple feel that the MRT muffler make a lot of drone ... Is it true? What can I expect in HP gain on an auto? What about MRT CAI it do not need a reflash they claim... Will I gain any HP with it or should I just stick with the OEM air box and drop a K&N filter?

What about Flowmaster american thuder exhaust... any HP gain with it? And the JBA? Or the magnaflow, Ford Racing Arrrrrrghhhhhh

I'm so confused!!!!!!

From the big white North (Canada)

BTW sorry for my english, it is not my first language

V6 legend lime vert with no mdoifications yet!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Confused

A replacement muffler will net you 8+ hp. The stock airbox is fine, under 4000 RPM. Spend money on a limited-slip differential and some 3.73 gears - you'll get more out of that than anything else (within reason).
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

And if you don't want to reflash the computer, your only choice is K&N and AFE.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Nuke1
1st Gear Member

Why? Airaid and MRT both claim that their do not need a reflash!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scrib

A replacement muffler will net you 8+ hp.
Really? just the muffler?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

If an intake advertises that a reflash is not required, then you don't want it. The reason they don't need a reflash is because they don't flow much better than stock!! I've read a zillion posts about intakes and the one you want for ultimate power gains is the C&L, and you will need to get a tuner at the same time. If you can't afford it, then wait until you can; don't go with a cheap intake.

I've got the drop-in K&N filter on mine, it is fine if you want a reusable filter but it does not net any noticable gains in power. The only thing holding me back from doing a C&L and tune is I will very likely be going with a power adder.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

Is there anyone in the KC Kansas area that can do A C&L intake and do a tune on my car for me ?
Clayton
Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke1

Why? Airaid and MRT both claim that their do not need a reflash!
Airraid is K&N, right? MRT, hmmm, I would have to see it to believe it. MMR said the same thing, and it wasn't the case.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:21 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

If an intake advertises that a reflash is not required, then you don't want it. The reason they don't need a reflash is because they don't flow much better than stock!! I've read a zillion posts about intakes and the one you want for ultimate power gains is the C&L, and you will need to get a tuner at the same time. If you can't afford it, then wait until you can; don't go with a cheap intake.

I've got the drop-in K&N filter on mine, it is fine if you want a reusable filter but it does not net any noticable gains in power. The only thing holding me back from doing a C&L and tune is I will very likely be going with a power adder.
lol thats whats holding me back, i want the intake, but i know it wouldnt be on my car very long
Old 03-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

ORIGINAL: Scrib

A replacement muffler will net you 8+ hp.
Really? just the muffler?
Yep.

Quick Reply: Confused