Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Spring Time

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

Default Spring Time

I dont know what the weather is like where you are, but today it is about 70 and sunny in Indiana. After gettin my car in January I have been looking forward to this kind of weather to take a nice drive in with the windows down, the radio blaring, and the engine reving. Summer time is the best time to own a muscle car. (Any time is a good time to own a sports car but summer is the best for driving)
Old 04-07-2006, 04:08 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Spring Time

Well the weather in Virginia has been flip flopping like crazy! last week it was like 35 degrees, today it's in the high 70s... finally! it was nice yesterday too, i washed AND waxed my car only for her to be covered in pollen today
Old 04-07-2006, 04:11 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Enjoy. Here in Chicago, it started off alright, cloudy but around 50... Now the temp has dropped and it's still cloudy any any warm stuff they're saying is on the way has rain in the forecast too. All I want is ONE day on a weekend, JUST ONE, where it's warm enough and sunny for me to finally wax my car. Am I asking too much?!
Old 04-07-2006, 04:16 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

I dont think your asking to much at all. It has been raining like crazy here this week. Being down at college where I have to keep my car outside make keeping your car clean impossible. Thats alright though summer time is close enough and it will be back in the garage at night. In the mean time I will have to stick with my buddy told me after I spent two hours shining up the stang on a saturday with rain in the forcast on monday. "It will look good beading up"
Old 04-07-2006, 04:40 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M^2

I dont know what the weather is like where you are, but today it is about 70 and sunny in Indiana. After gettin my car in January I have been looking forward to this kind of weather to take a nice drive in with the windows down, the radio blaring, and the engine reving. Summer time is the best time to own a muscle car. (Any time is a good time to own a sports car but summer is the best for driving)

What part of Indiana are you in? In Indy here. Weather has been nice all day, had the top down driving into work today. Looks like the rain is coming soon though...
Old 04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

I got to school in Bloomington, but I am from Fort wayne. Looks like the weather is starting to turn crappy now though.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:15 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M^2
In the mean time I will have to stick with my buddy told me after I spent two hours shining up the stang on a saturday with rain in the forcast on monday. "It will look good beading up"
LOL! I know that feeling ALL too well. So goes during the spring...you wax your car and then look forward - not to it shining - but the rain beading up! "Hey, it looks like I went to one of those touchless places at the gas station!" I went to college in downstate IL, and yeah...I remember when it was not uncommon for it to be 70s in April. It was great until the storms came around. Good thing that I drove older cars when I was in college. Not that hail damage on my '88 T-Bird was something I was indifferent about...but I'd be a LOT more angry if it happened to the Mustang.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:24 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

It feels pointless to wash my car when it gets dirty in an hour or two
Old 04-07-2006, 06:28 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaddieMustang

It feels pointless to wash my car when it gets dirty in an hour or two
One would think. But I'm like OCD when it comes to keeping my car clean. Like what you said happened to yours - I'd be running around with a terrycloth getting all that dust off (and trust me, I have!) before I went anywhere! It's like, yeah, I see the common sense there, I just can't apply it to my life! [&:]
Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Torkfastback
1st Gear Member

Get a car cover....protects from dirt and scratches...especially if you keep it outside. Be thankful you do not have a black car...that is a love/hate relationship!

Quick Reply: Spring Time