Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Paxton

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

Default Paxton

well if you haven't noticed ive been doing alot of power adder posts lately sorry bout that but i just wanna get all the info. so lets hear all you know about the paxton s/c for our stangs. thanks guys. i research but it seems so complicated im kinda new to all this (only 16)
Old 04-28-2006, 08:17 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Paxton

I know that ford is putting it on the 2007 Shelby Cobra's. It will tap into the oil pan as the powerhouse turbo does. The V6's will hold around 300HP at the motor and the V8's about 450 at the motor!! off the lot!!! Were in touble soon. So Enjoy being shizzle with your 05 or 06 V6 NA'd lol Cause when those things come out everyone who has one of those V6's will be rubbing it in all our faces. Thats why I want boost, so when one of those pulls up to me at a light and see's my normal looking V6 (sleeper) and says to him self, I should have the upperhand I got the SC. Light turns green - NOPE im right there with ya pal and I didn't even haft to take on a $30,000 loan to do it!!!! Thats my GIG!! Same with the old men who modded in the past and bought a V8 and throw exhaust and an intake on and think there done!! NA's V8's will be owned soon enough!!! Have all those old mens Jaws to the floor and pissed off!! Thats my hardon about the whole boost thing lol But i wanna do it saftley, for longevity, for daily driving but when I need it its there for times like that
Old 04-28-2006, 08:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Where are you getting your information? When we covered the CS6 the last time, it was our stock motor with the Paxton SC making 350@flywheel on boost!!!! We even had emails form one of the shelby reps verifying it? The paxton is in the same power class as the Vortech and Procharger.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:54 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Info on the CS6:

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/cs6.asp

Big block and small block V8 owners of all types may want to take a second look the next time a "V6" Mustang pulls up to the light as Carroll Shelby International Inc's wholly owned subsidiary Shelby Automobiles, Inc. announces the new Shelby CS 6 Mustang concept vehicle. Shelby Automobiles, known for speed and performance through the leadership of legendary racecar driver and Cobra creator Carroll Shelby, will offer a modified V6-engined 2006 Ford Mustang, dubbed the CS 6. Packed with a NOVI-1200 Supercharger from Paxton Automotive Corp., the CS 6 is destined to be the next great sports car from Shelby Automobiles pumping out an incredible 350+ horsepower. The Shelby CS 6 was introduced at the Vortech/Paxton Booth during the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas.

The CS 6 features a Shelby-exclusive Paxton NOVI-1200 Centrifugal Supercharger, unsurpassed in high performance, reliability and quiet operation. The bolt-on NOVI-1200 is based on Paxton's race-proven gear case, helical-cut gears constructed from billet-steel, aerospace-quality high-speed bearings and an air/water charge cooler. The CS 6 will be one of the most powerful supercharger kits for the V6 Mustang available on the market and its 350+ HP is a significant increase over the 210 HP of the stock Mustang and the GT version.

"Shelby Automobiles is excited to offer the CS 6 with a focus on balance, performance and affordability," said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. "With the Paxton Supercharger, the suspension modifications and the subtle cosmetic enhancements, the CS 6 will remind enthusiasts of the old GT350 -- fast and strong but light on its feet. There is going to be a lot of excitement from speed aficionados when the CS 6 hits the market."

2005 marks the 40th Anniversary of the Paxton-supercharged Shelby Mustang legacy dating back to the famed GT350 and GT500 programs in the late 1960's. In 1965, Carroll Shelby fitted a prototype Paxton Supercharger to the GT350 starting the Shelby/Paxton relationship. Eleven total Paxton supercharger kits were installed by the Shelby factory and a number of additional kits were sold to customers for retro installation. The CS 6 stands poised to continue the great Shelby/Paxton tradition of producing consummate performance-modified autos.

The Shelby CS 6 is racing-styled in the custom of great Shelby cars from the past but updated to create a unique and modern design. Among the interior and exterior modifications to the CS 6:

Custom hood
Custom brakes
Custom 20" American Racing wheels
Shelby front fascia and grille
Side scoops
Dual exhaust
Shelby hood pins
Shelby Paxton Supercharger

The Shelby CS 6 is currently available as an upgrade component package at Shop Shelby.

Keep in mind they also added a GT 8.8 rear end.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:03 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ricklmesa@***.net
I know that ford is putting it on the 2007 Shelby Cobra's. It will tap into the oil pan as the powerhouse turbo does
Rick just a few corrections here.

1. The 2007 Shelby Cobra is coming with a Whipple twin screw super charger (not a Paxton S/C) which does not tap into the oil pan also I believe it is now up to 475HP @8.5 psi 5.4L.
2.The Shelby Westcoast customs edition 2006 which is not coming from Ford per order is coming with a Vortech S/C and there will be only 25 made.
3. You won't know if a CS6 pulls up to you if it is S/C for sure because you can take your 05/06 send it to Shelby and have just the exterior package installed with or without the S/C installed
Old 04-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I know that ford is putting it on the 2007 Shelby Cobra's. It will tap into the oil pan as the powerhouse turbo does. The V6's will hold around 300HP at the motor and the V8's about 450 at the motor!! off the lot!!! Were in touble soon. So Enjoy being shizzle with your 05 or 06 V6 NA'd lol Cause when those things come out everyone who has one of those V6's will be rubbing it in all our faces. Thats why I want boost, so when one of those pulls up to me at a light and see's my normal looking V6 (sleeper) and says to him self, I should have the upperhand I got the SC. Light turns green - NOPE im right there with ya pal and I didn't even haft to take on a $30,000 loan to do it!!!! Thats my GIG!! Same with the old men who modded in the past and bought a V8 and throw exhaust and an intake on and think there done!! NA's V8's will be owned soon enough!!! Have all those old mens Jaws to the floor and pissed off!! Thats my hardon about the whole boost thing lol But i wanna do it saftley, for longevity, for daily driving but when I need it its there for times like that

I doubt there are going to be tons of the shelby 6's running around. If someone is going to pay 30 grand I image most will go for the GT but thats just my opinion.

The cool thing is though that if we have the same motor I imagine we can get ford to install one on our cars and still be under warranty(and cheaper than buying the shelby v6 edition).
Old 04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I contacted Paxton recently and they told me they were only selling the SC for the V6 through Shelby, I tried to contact Shelby and got no return email. Either they are too busy to return inqueries or they don't want to sell SC's off the shelf.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:47 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I doubt there are going to be tons of the shelby 6's running around. If someone is going to pay 30 grand I image most will go for the GT but thats just my opinion.

The cool thing is though that if we have the same motor I imagine we can get ford to install one on our cars and still be under warranty(and cheaper than buying the shelby v6 edition).
The paxton on the V6 is for the CS6 only, not through ford.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:49 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

I contacted Paxton recently and they told me they were only selling the SC for the V6 through Shelby, I tried to contact Shelby and got no return email. Either they are too busy to return inqueries or they don't want to sell SC's off the shelf.
What frustrates me is the only way to get a paxton for our cars is through Shelby, which is annoying. The second thing is that its a centri SC, and it is on the same power class as the Vortech and PC. But Shelby charges an arm and a leg for it.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

If you can get them to reply at all!
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: beaustang

What frustrates me is the only way to get a paxton for our cars is through Shelby, which is annoying. The second thing is that its a centri SC, and it is on the same power class as the Vortech and PC. But Shelby charges an arm and a leg for it.

Quick Reply: Paxton