Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mufflers...again...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:37 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default Mufflers...again...

Ok so i just listened to all of the sound clips on the sticky...This may sound stupid, but the one I like the most was the one of whoever's that did one with no muffler. I just like that level of rumble the most. SO that being said, what muffler do you all think will get me CLOSEST to that sound? I mean pissing of the neighbors and setting off car alarms rumble!

I didn't care for the Gt Take offs...they were ok, better than stock, but not what I want. Same with the flowmasters.

Out of all of them that I listened too the closest i heard was the borla. It was nice, but is there better?

Glasspacks perhaps?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mufflers...again...

Your never gonna get a six to sound that loud, but as loud as your gonna get is LT Headers, H-Pipe, MRT Mufflers.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

My exhaust has set off several alarms. I have custom dual exhaust with an H pipe and cutouts installed about 2" behind it. I staggered them about 2" apart but there is still a ton of drone. It doesn't seem to bother me though because of the sound I'm getting from them.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 PM
blackv6
1st Gear Member

i love the sound of the magna flow catback... is that a v8? or really a v6? does the exhaust void the manufacturers warranty?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackv6

i love the sound of the magna flow catback... is that a v8? or really a v6? does the exhaust void the manufacturers warranty?
nope... it's a V6... sorry... physically impossible to get a V6 to sound like a V8... just can't happen...

and nope... it doesn't void your warranty... all they can do is deny your claim if they can prove that your aftermarket part cause the problem... if you powersteering pump goes out they can't deny your claim because you have an aftermarket exhaust...

Old 05-01-2006, 11:31 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

It's not that I want mine to sound like a v8, I just want a sound close to this clip of no muffler...I think that I'm going to look in to the borla's. I've heard there pricey, but haven't had a chance to price them yet. I guess I probably through everybody off with the pissoff the neighbors comment...ok lets down grade that to mildly annoy lol