Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 04:35 AM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

Default help

So I just had my 21st birthday party, pretty much all my family was here, it was fun....i got trashed, but by the end of the night, i counted up how much money i made from the party....$1000! I now need to figure out what I should do with it....this money will go entirely to mods, and I currently have no mods yet (I was waiting till this party) So, let me get some of your opinions, I know some of what I want to do, but no1 around me has a car like me, so they really can't help. Which is where you guys come in...so lay on me your suggestions
Old 05-06-2006, 04:47 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: help

Happy B-day and congrats. Anyways, the only mod I have so far is a shorty antenna to replace the way too long factory antenna...musch better look IMO. Cheap mod too.

I just ordered a CAI and Tuner for mine though, and I bet that will be one of the main things people suggest, as far as performance mods go. mine is setting me back like $650, so don't know if that will eat up too much of your budget for what you have in mind...

Mufflers are always another good option...that will be my next one in a month or so...either that or I will get my racing stripes.

Anyways good luck and let us know what you decide to do
Old 05-06-2006, 04:53 AM
sn8kbit

Hmmm, power or appearance. For a grand, a set of Tokico D-spec shocks/strus and Eibach Pro kit or H&R sport springs would set you back about 800, then an adjustable PHB would even it out at around 170 shipped. That'd drop the car, keep the alignment straight, improve handling and appearance.

Then there's the power option. Calibrator of choice, CAI of choice, around 6-650. Then exhaust. It'd bring the power up, allow everyone to hear it, just don't take that corner too fast....

Personal preference is do the handling/appearance first, then go for more power.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Get a MRT Muffler and Intake and tuner and your set to go! Oh and happy birthday!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:26 PM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

i cant get the exhaust system, i know a guy that im tryin to figure out what it would take to get a porshe like exhaust with the big center tube, what intake/tune do u recommend? the demelot or the C&L with the xcal2, i can get the C&L w/ tune for about 550 shipped.....will those void my warrenty at all? Also i cant really lower my car, im from northeast philly, but a nice neighborhood, so there are speed bumps all around me, and then where i go, there are alot of pot holes, i dont wanna **** up my car, i was thinkin the racing stripes, side stripes, hood pins, projector headlights, shorty antenna, i have a longer list, its just at my school i post it tomorrow
Old 05-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

do you have the pony package? if not the saleen takeoff wheels might be nice to get
Old 05-06-2006, 09:34 PM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

yea i got the pony package.... the way i wanted to do my car was, get all my exterior mods at once, and all my engine mods at once, that way, when i install everything at first, it wont be little steps of upgrading, it will be like a whole new car each time i do alarge increase...i think im gonna go with most of the exterior mods, not counting the projector headlights, and gettin the intake, even thouhgh that kinda defeats my previous strategy but its all good, i just need some input on an intake to get
Old 05-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

$600 Demolet & X-cal2 from bamachips or C&L for $50 more, MRT Muffler. I have single $225 MRT muffler and i have to say over all i'm really pleased with it. If you want to make it the loudest possible then you'll have to go JLT ST Headers, H-pipe and dual MRT mufflers. Although that route will be more than 1k.

www.bamachips.com
Old 05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

I don't want loud, the exhaust is not an option because I am getting one done custom, im just having a problem between all the intake issues, im thinkin JLT, has higher gains, at least reported by mustang magazine, doesnt require a tune, but even if it does, its between 300-500 cheaper