Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:47 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default Need help!

Ok guys i know that this has been posted but ohh well. LEts see where do i start. I have a new 2006 pony package stang. All i've had done to it so far is...........window louvers............window tint................and a 12" JL W6 sub (ill soon get pics posted). What I want next is a performance mod. Its one of two things because you all either say change the gears or get the CAI and the X cal II. SO its one or the other. My mustang is an automatic and I dont know which gears are better for the V6 automatic. . . . . . . . . . the 3.73's or the 4.10's and what is the difference (someone please explain it to me) Oh yeah and how much would this cost me.........just the gears alone and with the installation. So there is my series of questions. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help!

I am definetely not a knowledgable person when it comes to gears or anything but if I were you I would go with the 3.73s cause its not that big of a chance so you wont have that much rpm deference and I heard alot of people are getting alot of noise with the 4.10 and if you go to V6mustangstuff.com they have them there for 199.99 and if you going to get gears you minus well get the T-lok at the same time now I dont know how much it is to install someone else will have to chime in but heres the website with both the gears and T-lok, But before you get your gears you should definetely start of with the intake and tuner then the gears. Anyway hopefully I helped you somewhat!

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Drivetrain.htm
Old 05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

explain more on the gears please..... rwhp increase? t-lok Good points and Bad points

Paul
Old 05-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

no rwhp increase at all. no i beleive that the higher number you go. (i.e: 4.10 is higher than 3.73) anyway i think the higher the number the more acceleration and less top end. and vice versa. correct me if im wrong. oh yeah and go ahead and get the TLOK while ur workin on the rear end.