Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Poll need your opinion (Hood)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:51 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default Poll need your opinion (Hood)

Hi guys I called Carbonware they will sell me this hood 10% off and free shipping (normally $185.00 ) total del cost $485.00. I really like the hood and the look from the front by the way the hood is functional.

I thought about hood scoops also the shaker for my car but I really think they look better on the regular 6 grille and the GT grille just don’t look good to me with the Pony grille and I really like the pony grille. I think this Mach 1hood looks good with the pony grille I am thinking partly due to the twin scoops with the fogs make it go good together.

The only thing that is stopping me from ordering this hood is how high it rises which can been seen from the back in the photo below, this is what is stopping me from getting it otherwise I would have ordered it.

Excuse the poor PhotoShop of the pony grille.

I need help what do you think of this hood?

Old 05-12-2006, 10:04 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Poll need your opinion (Hood)

theres nothing better that driving a car that u can see the high scoop from the drivers seat, i had a cowel hood on my f-350 and man its sweet having that huge hood on it, makes it feel REEAL powerfull behind the wheel. i think it looks real nice too... althought im partial to the roush scoop and gt fogs.

Paul
Old 05-12-2006, 10:32 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

With a tall hood or scoop you will want to either put bigger wheels on it or a front spoiler or both to keep the proportions looking right.
Example: Imagine what a '69-'70 Boss 429 would look like without the factory chin spoiler and the wider wheels that came on those cars.
Answer: Top heavy
Old 05-12-2006, 10:43 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

@ pauboy

I had two cars ( 69 Z/28 & 70 Chevelle SS) with a factory Cowl hoods, ya I really like them but of course they didn't rise as high as this Mach 1.

@ TNT
Ya its tall I am so pissed because I like the hood except for the high rise just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me with you guys opinion, the guy I talked to at Carbonware said it is a 3 inch rise but looks to me its higher than that either way it is two high. Hey maybe if enough people vote I'll have Carbonware check out the thread and maybe they will make one with a lower rise he is a sponser here.

Thanks for the comments
Old 05-12-2006, 11:18 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

i see what u mean about it looking top heavy, go to ponybuilder.com and check out other styles of hood... unless u did already.

Paul
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Personally, not my style. It just doesn't go with the new styling cues and I'm a graphically oriented guy. Our mustangs have sharp aggressive edges that are balanced out by its long round silohuette. That hood is much too round for my taste; it looks like it'd fit a SN-95 better than the S197.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:34 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I like it too, but I think its too high. I think the cobra hood would be cool. I really like the calif dream hood on our cars.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:51 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Personly i LOVE the roush scoop at a fraction of the price and very sharp looks too
Old 05-13-2006, 12:55 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Wow... I have a small scoop on my hood, and even at 6'2", I think it effects my ability to see as clearly as I would like. I can't imagine a scoop that big... unless you boost yourself up in the power seat until your head is just about touching the roof.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:57 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

Wow... I have a small scoop on my hood, and even at 6'2", I think it effects my ability to see as clearly as I would like. I can't imagine a scoop that big... unless you boost yourself up in the power seat until your head is just about touching the roof.
Or unless you got a KB twin screw under the hood and need to make room for it.

Quick Reply: Poll need your opinion (Hood)