Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anticipation...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Default Anticipation...

I just talked with my guy at the dealership and he thinks my car might be in by the end of the week! (Originally the target date was Memorial Day.) Anyways, even before he told me that I was already starting to get really anxious because this is my first new car purchase, first purchase involving this much money, my first loan of any kind, and of course my first Mustang. So now that it might even be coming in earlier. I'm fluctuating wildly between feeling jittery and ecstatic...so basically, my question is, do any of you have any suggestions about coping with the wait?

I'm getting a Vista Blue V6 Pony Package w/IUP, dark charcoal cloth interior, and side airbags...in just a matter of days!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anticipation...

Congrats on the car!!!

when I got mine I had to wait a week and it was the longest week of my life....I kept myself busy at work and went to bed early, I also got drunk as often as possible to make the time fly..rofl j/k but yah its hard
Old 05-24-2006, 03:31 PM
puppet
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

Congrats on the car!!!

when I got mine I had to wait a week and it was the longest week of my life....I kept myself busy at work and went to bed early, I also got drunk as often as possible to make the time fly..rofl j/k but yah its hard
Exactly

God invented beer for these sorts of situations. Also, blondes help.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:45 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Rent one & drive until then!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

LOL, unfortunately perpetual drunkenness isn't an option for me at the moment. As for the blondes...my girlfriend isn't too keen on them. Redheads, possibly, but definitely not blondes.

Yeah, so far it's been about 7 weeks...had to order it special 'cause no one had what I really wanted...apparently the combination of traction control/ABS, side airbags, and a manual shifter aren't very common.

As for renting...wish I had the $$$, my friend. But it is a pleasant thought.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

keep yourself busy at work and sleep lots 7 weeks?!! if I had to wait that long I would go mad
Old 05-24-2006, 04:02 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

True...see if the dealer can get you one for a take home test drive..some do that stuff!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:15 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jiraiya

LOL, unfortunately perpetual drunkenness isn't an option for me at the moment. As for the blondes...my girlfriend isn't too keen on them. Redheads, possibly, but definitely not blondes.

Yeah, so far it's been about 7 weeks...had to order it special 'cause no one had what I really wanted...apparently the combination of traction control/ABS, side airbags, and a manual shifter aren't very common.

As for renting...wish I had the $$$, my friend. But it is a pleasant thought.
Nope...they're not common at all. I originally considered buying one about this time last year - pretty much the combo you describe (sans airbags) and they told me that if I got my order in by the beginning of June, I could possibly take delivery by early August if things went smoothly. I ended up getting mine used (I called twice to make sure it was stick) in January through nothing but a stroke of pure luck.

The thing is, if you're looking for a manual transmission, unless you're looking at seriously top-end cars, it's almost impossible to find a stick car with any real set of options on it [edit: (on the lot).] Heck, when I got my ZX2 in 2002, I had to order it because I wanted a cd changer (the tape player is integrated with the climate controls in that car) and a moonroof.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Interesting...I must have been lucky.

I was looking for a 5 speed Manual with options and there was only two left in Alberta, Canada. One was right in my city. The day before pickup I got a call from the dealer saying that it was damaged on the lot by some kids....ARGGGGGGGGGGG. They did some searching and found an exact match, but it was now the last one in Alberta plus it was 300 + KM north. They drove it down and I had it that weekend.

I got a Black v6 with a Manual with every single upgrade except the leather, sunroof and side airbags.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:34 PM
WolfRhan

You know even when the car comes in and you get to the dealers it isn't over.

I remember they had the car hidden away somewhere, but every single salesman had to come by and tell me how cool it looked. I got one of the first Pony packages. Then they screw around with the check. Then they show some lame video trying to sell all kinds of add-ons like scotchguarding the seats or .. well I don't know I wan't listening.

Finally they showed me the car and it was Sweet! but now I have to hear how every single solitary feature works e.g here is the door handle you pull it to open the door. Then the guy had to screw on the licence plates and he's strolling round with this big screwdriver sticking out his pocket (at least I hope it was a screwdriver, as I said that car was sweet). I'm like, if you scratch my new car with that thing you are seriously dead. Then he shows me more features. Dude, give me the keys if I accidentally lock myself in the trunk I will call you.

I suggest you get bevvied up before you go to the dealers because you will be stone cold sober by the time you leave.