Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

single exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:18 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: single exhaust

ORIGINAL: blazen351

well I'm in the minority then. Does dual look good? hell yeah? but it still looks good with single. The exhaust is not what makes the car look good...it's more like ear rings. Good choice Erdrickk
ORIGINAL: Thomas Ford

Sorry Mustangs just don't look right with single exhaust. I'm sure 90% of folks here would agree on that. Nothing personal.

Tom
I agree with you blazen, duals look great, but that's all they add, the v-8 look...it's a six, it only needs one exhaust, traditionally six Mustangs have only had one exhaust, and i don't see the point of spending an extra 400$ for no proven performance gain over an axleback.

People see a dual outlet exhaust and immediatly think v8 on the Mustang, the only reason to go duals on the six is appearence <or f/i> and i don't see the point of making people think i have a v-8 w/o the performance, either they'll think "hey I just beat a v8/ it's no big deal i lost to a v-8. The v-6 gets little respect, when i beat people/ run good times, i want them to see my wimpy single outlet and know it's a v-6 Mustang
Old 06-01-2006, 08:43 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

ORIGINAL: blazen351

well I'm in the minority then. Does dual look good? hell yeah? but it still looks good with single. The exhaust is not what makes the car look good...it's more like ear rings. Good choice Erdrickk
ORIGINAL: Thomas Ford

Sorry Mustangs just don't look right with single exhaust. I'm sure 90% of folks here would agree on that. Nothing personal.

Tom
I agree with you blazen, duals look great, but that's all they add, the v-8 look...it's a six, it only needs one exhaust, traditionally six Mustangs have only had one exhaust, and i don't see the point of spending an extra 400$ for no proven performance gain over an axleback.

People see a dual outlet exhaust and immediatly think v8 on the Mustang, the only reason to go duals on the six is appearence <or f/i> and i don't see the point of making people think i have a v-8 w/o the performance, either they'll think "hey I just beat a v8/ it's no big deal i lost to a v-8. The v-6 gets little respect, when i beat people/ run good times, i want them to see my wimpy single outlet and know it's a v-6 Mustang

Well said! +1!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

The MRT is an excellent choice. Also consider the Ford racing muffler (Borla) which I have on mine.
Best thing you can do is look at the exhaust sound clips sticky and make up your own mind.

The muffler is a straight swap and should only take a half hour to do at a good shop
Old 06-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I agree mustang is a mustang regardless of dual or single exhaust ....I have duals,but loved it just the same as when I had a single....I do however like the sound better of duals to a single if its done right.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:56 AM
jimmsmatt22

Hi I just got my mustang a few weeks ago and i put a single gt take-off on and i love the change.
I think the single is better than the duals because the single has a sound of its own, maybe those of
with single exhausts will agree with me.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:07 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

im going to get duals on a Y-pipe i think magnaflow.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 AM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

I would get an H or X Pipe...the Y Pipe still technically is a single exhaust...just my $.02
ORIGINAL: Harry_F

im going to get duals on a Y-pipe i think magnaflow.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:10 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

The MRT is an excellent choice. Also consider the Ford racing muffler (Borla) which I have on mine.
Best thing you can do is look at the exhaust sound clips sticky and make up your own mind.

The muffler is a straight swap and should only take a half hour to do at a good shop
Where did you get your borla?
Old 06-28-2006, 04:20 PM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

alot of people expect a v8 when they see those duals and wont think anything of it when you beat em. a turbo v6 and nos with a single exaust will be sure to win a bet or two.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:21 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

wow that was a fun little time warp there! I knew it sounded familiar while reading it, but I didn't look at the dates and then I came up on my own replies in there and it just cracked me up. I guess I need to read dates on things before I read the whole bloody thing LOL

Quick Reply: single exhaust