Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My first performance mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:11 AM
mmmg

Default My first performance mod

Hi guyz...i have been reading most of your posts but never posted anything. this is my first post. Really happy to be one among you...To start with i have a 2005 v6 premium coupe screaming yellow. You people are my inspiration to get my first performance mod. I just bought a magnaflow single exhuast and installed it. I thought it would sound more throaty and muscle car like sound but it just sounds like my 97 camry with fart can. ofcourse its slightly better but its still like any other import with aftermarket exhuast. Its noway near a muscle car sound. I dont know if magnaflow sounds like that or it needs some break-in period. Please give me your opinions.....thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 03:29 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My first performance mod

I've got the dual Magnaflows so I don't know what the single sounds like. Maybe in the Exhaust Sound Clip topic you can find one. But to tell you the truth out sixer will never have the V8 sound.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

I too have magnaflow duals and I am very happy with them thus far. As far as singles, I believe MRT, JBA, and the Ford Racing(Borla) are nice soundings. People that have them on the forums seem very happy with them. When I first listened to the sound clip of a single magnaflow I thought very RICE sounding. That was on their website though so I dunno. But as Jeremy said, check out the exhaust sound clips, do some research, and study up. You will make the right choice and soon you will be grinnin ear to ear every time you start your baby up.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:57 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Teach is right... I'd stick with a JBA, MRT or Ford Racing (Borla) for a single exhaust. You'll sound nothing like an import with any of those.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:09 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

I have the MRT and I could not be happier. It was very easy to install, and it has such a sexy deep rumble to it.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:25 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Well we have v6's not V8's but yep that's magnaflow for ya. I try to tell people magnaflow does not justify the 4.0L with or with out duals in my opinon. Yea the stupid exhaust shops don't give a F$ck, all they carry is flowmaster & magnaflow. They think they sound great on anycar cause those are the 2 leading brand for this generation. Flowmaster American Thunders ( i believe they are the super 40's) or JBA, or MRT. I have not heard a good dual borla or bassani sound clip yet but I bet they would sound good to. That stuff is just to pricy over the rest though and you'll get the same gains most likely. The Flowmasters will give you a good sound with an x pipe. Rygen has a sound clip of his american thunders. They sound real good. If ever switch out my mufflers it will be for those.

For future ref stay away from magnaflow please!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 AM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

First of all...mmmg, welcome to the posting habit (Show pictures of your stang soon!!)...Teach & ham are right, be aware that any systme you choose does have a break in period. After a few months/miles, the metal in your exhaust molds to the airflow, due to the high heat & pressure in there, thus creating a richer, deeper sound. Until then you may get ricey periods, specially at higher RPM's.

For the record, I have True duals w/custom H-Pipe Flowmaster super 40's...and they sound great! They were ricey at first at higher RPM's, but after a few months the toned nicely. Also, usually a nice CAI changes the sound of the exhaust as now you have more air coming in....hope that helps!
ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Teach is right... I'd stick with a JBA, MRT or Ford Racing (Borla) for a single exhaust. You'll sound nothing like an import with any of those.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Dual Flowmasters (even my single when I had it) sound muscle. No rice at all.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:18 PM
cejaay13
1st Gear Member

I agree. I have a Flowmaster 40 series, and love it. No rice at all.

ORIGINAL: pat6674u

Dual Flowmasters (even my single when I had it) sound muscle. No rice at all.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
mmmg

thanks for ur replies...i will post some of my stangs pics soon.....i will wait for the exhuast to break in

Quick Reply: My first performance mod