Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

weird computer problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 01:56 AM
rossbra2

Default weird computer problem

here in michigan we have some messed up turns to get going the other way on a highway. michinga u turns if you want to call it that. I took one of these the other day with a little extra power and the car kind of fish tailed and had it 90 degrees with the road not a good deal it did a little hop on the road or whatever. About 2 mins later the low fuel warning comes on saying i only have 10 miles left in my tank when i just saw there was about a half. I stopped turned the car off and it still didn't reset. I continued to drive about 10 mins when it finally corrected itsself. Just wondering why this happens or why it doesn't correct itsself fast enough

PS- i love this car- used to be rice never going back
Old 07-02-2006, 02:22 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: weird computer problem

I'm not positive, but I think I read a post about this issue. Had to do with the fact that the fuel tank is actually split in two, and all your fuel sloshed to one side during the turn....Took awhile for the fuel to re-balance in both sides of the tank.....

Mike
Old 07-02-2006, 04:51 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

yeah mine does that all the time.... it goes stupid dumb and beeps all the time. I drive to hard? i dont know.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:24 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

there is a tsb
Old 07-02-2006, 08:18 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rossbra2

here in michigan we have some messed up turns to get going the other way on a highway. michinga u turns if you want to call it that. I took one of these the other day with a little extra power and the car kind of fish tailed and had it 90 degrees with the road not a good deal it did a little hop on the road or whatever. About 2 mins later the low fuel warning comes on saying i only have 10 miles left in my tank when i just saw there was about a half. I stopped turned the car off and it still didn't reset. I continued to drive about 10 mins when it finally corrected itsself. Just wondering why this happens or why it doesn't correct itsself fast enough

PS- i love this car- used to be rice never going back
Glad to hear you gave up the rice!!! LOL!

BTW... It's called a "Michigan Left":

A Michigan left, sometimes known as a median U-turn, is an automobile traffic maneuver in which a unidirectional U-turn and a right turn replace a prohibited left turn. The term comes from the fact that the arrangement is quite common along Michigan roads and highways, and extremely rare anywhere else in the United States.

Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_left
Old 07-02-2006, 11:52 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yea when i had my fuel pump replaced i had a half a tank but when he pulled the pump out (drivers side) the tank was full. this being said one can only assume that the pass side drains first and agressive driving whould slosh (is slosh even a word?, anyway) over to the pass side making the confuser go hey what the heck. untill it figures out the prob.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:05 PM
rossbra2

thanks for giving me the proper name. Here in holland everyone just says michigan u-turn but yea they are stupid.