Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting 05 V6

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:50 AM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

Default Getting 05 V6

Well, I sold my 94 5.0L GT and wanted something newer. I've been looking around alot and getting an 04 GT/mach 1 has been my top choice. Well I am 16 and been driving for a year now. I can happily say I have never been in an accident and never been pulled over/no violations! I was also looking at 05 GT's but they are a tad out of my price range. SO I decided to be smarter and get a V6 but I am worried about a few things. Sound, and performance. I already realize reading other posts these things can be made to own GT's and sound even better than them, but I am still unsure of it. With rising gas prices and me being 16 I just decided that I really only need a v6 until I graduate, maybe then I will get a cobra or something. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do to make one about the same if not a tad quicker than a GT? What would be the biggest bang for the buck on a v6? I was thinking gears, a tune, and full exhaust, but I dont think thats going to be enough. Also my main question, what are good super/turbochargers for a v6? As always I am looking for the biggest bang for the buck in a charger but I have NO IDEA which ones are good. Links anyone? I feel like a fish out of water here and need some help. Thanks alot guys!
Old 07-04-2006, 05:01 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Getting 05 V6

with equal drivers it is going to take forced induction to beat a GT (or major head/cam work). Ive beaten them at the track, but its either against an auto gt, or a manual that messes up.

im happy with mine, and im thinkin bout gettin another dyno tune, just to see what my recent mods have added.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:41 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Are you talking a new GT or an older GT like what you just sold? That makes a difference on what you'll be able to hang with. NEW GT you'll need FI. Powerhouse has a sweet turbo system, Superchargers...The X charger should be out soon, then there is the Procharger and the Vortech.

Now then if beating a a stock GT isn't nececasy at this point. You might be surprised at how much you like the six with just CAI tune, and exhaust. Gears and Tlock too of course. At that you should be able to hang with older model GT's pretty damn well...someone will of course correct me if I'm wrong...which is quite possible since it's early and I haven't been to bed yet!! Hell I'm having trouble even reading what I type. So if this isn't actualy coming out like I think it is, please forgive me...I'm tired :-)

Good luck on your next mustag and let us know what you decide dude.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ahah i like your name :P fastlane,. which happens to be a ford oil,and brake service area,for (waiters)and its funny its because your getting a stang and its ford :P.. well not funny but cool lol :P
Old 07-04-2006, 07:32 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

Thanks?

Can someone tell me what the x charger is all about or give me links?

LINKS PEOPLE! Thanks alot guys
Old 07-04-2006, 07:32 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

older year gt's isnt too much of a prob, even with a really good driver, they struggle to run high 13s, low 14s. The average driver will take a 5 speed to a mid to high 14 run (stock) and an auto to the 15s (stock).
Old 07-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Green Machine 123
2nd Gear Member

i thought u were on a budget
Old 07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

If I buy a 15k 05 v6 and spend 3k on a supercharger I will be at 18k and still much less than a GT.......
Old 07-04-2006, 09:09 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Are you talking a new GT or an older GT like what you just sold? That makes a difference on what you'll be able to hang with. NEW GT you'll need FI. Powerhouse has a sweet turbo system, Superchargers...The X charger should be out soon, then there is the Procharger and the Vortech.

Now then if beating a a stock GT isn't nececasy at this point. You might be surprised at how much you like the six with just CAI tune, and exhaust. Gears and Tlock too of course. At that you should be able to hang with older model GT's pretty damn well...someone will of course correct me if I'm wrong...which is quite possible since it's early and I haven't been to bed yet!! Hell I'm having trouble even reading what I type. So if this isn't actualy coming out like I think it is, please forgive me...I'm tired :-)

Good luck on your next mustag and let us know what you decide dude.
actually, we can hang with any gt's older than 96 i beleive.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:31 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

wait older than 96. that doesn't make sense you mean pre 1996 GT's are faster than like 1996-2004 GT's??