Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Scratch =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:59 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Default First Scratch =(

So I pick my girlfriend up to see the new Pirates movie that came out, and she is dressed very nicely.

Me being the gentlemen that I am I open the door for her, well as I noticed when I saw her she had this "Baby Phat" belt on that is made out of some kind of cheap metal painted gold to look 'pretty' (her words).

Well as she turns to get in my car I hear her belt clang against MY new 2006 Vista Blue Mustang, I sit there dumbfounded about what had just happend, she just smiles and says i'm over-reacting, left a dark scratch about half the size of a credit card.

Lets just say I was thinking how big the trunk was...and if she would fit in it.

What was your guys's first scratch?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:03 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: First Scratch =(

Rock thrown by a semi

Fix: Turtle wax scratch and swirl remover its in a green bottle............it works best if the scratch is in the clearcoat
Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Girlfriend made my first scratch too. Came home after a movie (not pirates), pulled into her driveway, and she swung the door open and hit her chain-linked thing, put a small scratch on my door, but right on the edge of the door... it was bright white the day it happened. Eventually, it just went away. Can't find it if I looked for it. Second scratch is right on my hood. From top all the way to bottom. Caused by me washing it, probably picked up a rock and rubbed it against the paint and didn't know it. [:@] That one's still there.. going to get an aftermarket hood eventually, so I'm not worrying about it.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

i have a longgggg scratch down my drviers side door ALMOST like it was keyed, but i dont think it was, dusnt seem deep, and i know it was a stick i scraped along either, i got sum rubbing compaound and tried to get rid, made it a little better, almost unoticable, oh and underside the rocker pannles, it was raining, couldnt see thru my tint and went over and onto a curb sratching and really crapping up the underside of it... wno cares no one can see it!

Paul
Old 07-09-2006, 10:03 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

just looked again and i seem to have a weird deep scratch on my rear bumper, hmmmmm
Old 07-09-2006, 11:28 AM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Back bumper where I backed into the deep freezer in the garage less than a month after I got it. Turned out to be my forst mod as I ripped it off and put the GT bumper on and got dual exhaust. No scratches since (knock on wood)
Old 07-09-2006, 12:49 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea you'll find em [] Unfortionitly we haft to drive these beautiful beasts LOL. Well my first few were done from the previous owner being a lazy *** not cleaning the bugs off the front bumber LOL. Got 2 little black marks from bugs and some bug guts stained on the lower part of the grill. Yea I got a deep nick in my passenger side door from a rock hitting it on the freeway. You can see all the way to the metel on that one[&:] I never drive on the freeway and thats helps keep the paint up. I have a few minor scatches, one on the back of the trunk and one around the rear driver side tire that I think the exhaust people did. Not to deep though those can be buffed out. I got one paintless dent too. Then when I was taking my car in to get the procharger installed this last thursday I had to take the freeway and there was a big truck with abunch of dirt piled up in it, what do ya know. CLINK!!!! [:@][:@][:@] It eather landed on the top of my hood near the passenger side or on the passenger side were ever there is metal at cause it didn't hit no plastic. You could hear the metel, pissed me off like no other!!![:@][:@][:@]. Im gunna get my car back with a procharger but Im gunna find a new kick or dent from a rock that hit it on the way to get the procharger in!!!!!!!!!!

Ya just can't win!!! Sucks cause Im so in debt to the charger that I can't afford to get any of those fixed. Im pretty much gunna haft to go over the whole body in a few years (after the supercharger is paid off) and just pay a good couple a grand (prolly more) to get all dents & knicks out and have certain spots repainted.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:00 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Oh and as for your girlfriend... well tell her she's fired!! LOL. See thats a tuff situation cause you don't want to seem like a snooty ***** acting like its a Ferrari but.. We pay a lot of money and take a lot of pride in our cars. All you can do is just watch it and let her know. See my pet pieve is with the carpet!![:@] My carpet is great except for my driver side. The reason being the driver side is cause of all the dam mechanics!! Ford & my performance shop dirtys the **** out of my carpet!!! I tell everyone who gets in my car to check there feet before they get in!! LOL Hell my friends don' t even like being around my car!!! Quit frankly I like it that way LOL as messed up as it sounds the less people you have in it the less it will become dirty. No one ever rides in my car LOL When I do meet a girl I'll haft to ease up on the analness but I'll still tell the broad watch your feet when you get in LOL I just want it to look good on the inside caue like I said in the other post, We will haft to put money into the body a few years from now to keep em lookin good.

Make sure her belt don't have anything in the future to cut the cloth or leather on your seats!!! Think ahead brother LOL !!! put towls down over the carpet if needed LOL Pretend its a corvette, you have no back seats!! LOL Keep em clean, real clean
Old 07-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

My car had a few scratches on it before I bought it. The salesman said he was gonna have them fixed when the spoiler was installed, he lied. There is two around the gas door and a big swirl mark on the trunk lid, when I get it striped it should cover the trunk. And the first scratch since I have had the car was caused by a girl I took out, she was beggin me to let her drive it, so I let her drive the strip once and she parked too close to a van at the gas station. The van next to us opened the door into the driver side front quarter, and left a dime size chip in the paint. I don't talk to her anymore, lol. Told her she was too close when she parked it and she thought I was just being silly. I gotta go tomorrow to see about getting it fixed.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:36 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Playboy06

So I pick my girlfriend up to see the new Pirates movie that came out, and she is dressed very nicely.

Me being the gentlemen that I am I open the door for her, well as I noticed when I saw her she had this "Baby Phat" belt on that is made out of some kind of cheap metal painted gold to look 'pretty' (her words).

Well as she turns to get in my car I hear her belt clang against MY new 2006 Vista Blue Mustang, I sit there dumbfounded about what had just happend, she just smiles and says i'm over-reacting, left a dark scratch about half the size of a credit card.

Lets just say I was thinking how big the trunk was...and if she would fit in it.

What was your guys's first scratch?
I wouldnt have thougth about it, i would have found some way to her get in in there

Quick Reply: First Scratch =(