Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

not good.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Default not good.....

So I took the long way home today from work, decided to push the pony a little.... just to expell out carbon deposits.....

Open WOT the wideband read as low as 12....[:@]

My CAI AEM Brute force is a " no tune requiered" ..... well running 12.low on F/A can not be good for our pistons....... I got to repeat the run just to make sure it wasn't a missread.... regular driving seems to push a little rich.... 15 - 16 not bad....... but the extended WOT is got me worried.....

I guess I'll visit a tune shop.......
Old 07-11-2006, 09:27 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: not good.....

explain what the guage measures for the dumb people please!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:30 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

explain what the guage measures for the dumb people please!
lean...
Old 07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

fuel to air mixture?

paul
Old 07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

air fuel mixture readings from my wideband sensor....... supposed to be in a ratio around 14.7 ...higher is rich (too much fuel) 12.2 is pretty low (IMO) Lean too much air... can cause detonation (earlier combustion that can damage a piston's head)...... the maf is suppose to read air volume comming in and use the fuel table to adjust the fuel level..... to 14.7 or so...... well at extended WOT it is not keeping up with the fuel......

I hope I am making sense...If not please correct me on this, it is kinda troublesome to me.....
Old 07-11-2006, 09:34 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The only CAI's I have seen proof that don't require a tune are AFE and K&N.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

makes sence to me now, so u need a dyno tune i guess, just stay away from WOT for the mean time

Paul
Old 07-11-2006, 09:39 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tino

air fuel mixture readings from my wideband sensor....... supposed to be in a ratio around 14.7 ...higher is rich (too much fuel) 12.2 is pretty low (IMO) Lean too much air... can cause detonation (earlier combustion that can damage a piston's head)...... the maf is suppose to read air volume comming in and use the fuel table to adjust the fuel level..... to 14.7 or so...... well at extended WOT it is not keeping up with the fuel......

I hope I am making sense...If not please correct me on this, it is kinda troublesome to me.....
actually you have it reversed... the lower the number the richer the mix... with F/I we are running my car at 11.7
Old 07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: tino

actually you have it reversed... the lower the number the richer the mix... with F/I we are running my car at 11.7
That would make it even worse!!!!!!

I drive more normally than WOT....so if normal readings are at a high of say 16 ...... that means that I am running lean most of the time.......[:@]

I guess I have o sell my predator for an SCT and visit that shop Rygen'a goes to in Va.......

Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

What ever came of this thread? I just had a similar problem...but I really had a problem...you were just confused

Quick Reply: not good.....