Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 s/c, turbos etc..

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:51 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default V6 s/c, turbos etc..

I was looking at various Mustang magazines and on the net at blown 4.0s and even with the power adders looks like there just barely putting out the same numbers as stock V8s, so is it even worth it to spend all that $$$ on this stuff???
Old 08-11-2006, 02:05 AM
KCDeubners

Default RE: V6 s/c, turbos etc..

Google Procharger and look at their stuff. I've ridden in, and driven, a stock V6 2005 Mustang with the Procharger s/c, and thought I would need a change of underwear. I'm saving my nickles and dimes.
The Mustang I drove was rated at almost 400hp to the rear wheels. Stock muffler, and no chip.

I had the privilege of taking a tour of the facility in Lenexa, Kansas. It was a dream come true for any car fan. They are making a huge push in the NMRA, and in the V6 market.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:08 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

first off, thats not possible since you cant put a blower on our car without retuning it ("chip" as u refer to, which you use a tuner) and 400rwhp with a procharger would take about 16+psi, which is incredibley unsafe for the stock block.

Maybe 400 flywheel hp, which is like 340rwhp, which would still take 12+psi, and thats if it had aftermarket parts on it too.

Most procharger 9psi kits are around 300rwhp (which is well higher than a stock gt, but not as flat of a curve).

xcharger at 9psi is makin like 280rwhp
vortech at 10psi is around 300rwhp with aftercooled kit
PH turbo with 9.5psi is about 350rwhp (328rwhp on a mustang dyno) and a very flat curve
Old 08-11-2006, 02:33 AM
KCDeubners

Thanks for the lesson. I'll be glad to pass it on to my buddy at ATI. Anytime you make changes of this nature you have to be tuned, but that doesn't take away the power or the effect of telling your GT buddies your stock V6 has a s/c that put you in their class and beyond.

The point is this - a s/c on a V6 is great fun. Having the right one with the right people installing and servicing is even more fun. You have to decide if you want the stickers that tell the other guy that your Mustang is just as strong and quick at the GT. It is a lot of $$, but what else will you spend all that money on?

I may not know as much as others, but having driven one of these cars I can tell you they are addictive. You have the gas mileage and the power - not to mention the stickers.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:43 AM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

ya dont waste your time worring about compairing our car to a gt
its that whole arguement if i had a s/c on my v6 i would be as fast as a v8 then the v8 guys say then i will get a s/c its stupid
i think its about the total enjoyment of modding your car
thats why i do all the mods to my car myself
you feel a power gain and you say that you did that yourself and you enjoy your car
dont spend all your time compairing it to a gt\
its pointless
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 AM
KCDeubners

Excellent point.

I've got a '06 with the pony trim package. That's the car I wanted of the hundreds I looked at. All the modifications are for my enjoyment, and to make my wife wonder why I need to spend that much money on a new car that sits in the garage - maybe that's another talking point.

Thanks. I like your approach!

[IMG]local://upfiles/44988/AAF2B5633C1043CEABFB74F8D67E174F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-11-2006, 02:55 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

not tryin to compare to a gt or anything here. Gt owners that give me a hard time, i simple point to the driveway with the 03 terminator in it. Then i get "well whyd u get the v6" i say because when i bough it, the comparabley equipped gt was 34k askin price.

When i got it, i never really planned on modding it heavily, im now well over 3k in mods, with a turbo on the way. It is addicting, and it is fun. And for less than what a gt was when i got my car, ill be able to rip the doors off of one.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:15 AM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

not tryin to compare to a gt or anything here. Gt owners that give me a hard time, i simple point to the driveway with the 03 terminator in it. Then i get "well whyd u get the v6" i say because when i bough it, the comparabley equipped gt was 34k askin price.

When i got it, i never really planned on modding it heavily, im now well over 3k in mods, with a turbo on the way. It is addicting, and it is fun. And for less than what a gt was when i got my car, ill be able to rip the doors off of one.
what turbo r u getting? link?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:23 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

I was looking at various Mustang magazines and on the net at blown 4.0s and even with the power adders looks like there just barely putting out the same numbers as stock V8s, so is it even worth it to spend all that $$$ on this stuff???
Depends on what the GT's are going for in your area.... When I bought my V6, GT's were $3000 OVER sticker... I got x-plan on the V6... The GT was $8000 more than the V6! And actually with the Vortech I'm at about 370HP at the crank vs the GT's 300HP...

oh... and I never pay sticker for a car, let alone ABOVE it!!! I would rather spend $$$ at MRT and get actual physical parts than give the dealership one extra penny simple because he has a car in stock...
Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

My car is faster than a stock V8, and is not barely putting down the same numbers....its exceeding the numbers by a considerable amount.

Quick Reply: V6 s/c, turbos etc..