Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DTE FLI DATA ERR

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 PM
jittie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: DTE FLI DATA ERR

Thanks Stangrunner!! Disonnecting the battery seems to have done the trick, hopefully this problem won't come back.

The one plus side to this whole problem was that I drove with my windows down for the first time today since my A/C wasn't working, and really got to hear my exhaust after it has broken in some, sounded really nice!!

Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

Got to hear it???? Sheesh, my American Thunder is so loud I took it off before I took a 2400 mile trip a few weeks ago (it's back on now).... maybe the convertible has something to do with it, but the muffler makes it impossible not to know it's there.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:07 PM
jittie
1st Gear Member

Yeah mine is loud too, but it sounds totally different with the windows down. I really had no idea my car was that loud outside the car, every day it starts to sound a tiny bit closer to my old GT.

Even though the American Thunder is pretty loud, you can still hear music inside pretty well (it's gotta be turned up, which is how I listen to it anyways). Since the muffler is at the back of the car, I don't seem to notice the sound as much inside the cabin. Once I get some felt strips for my doors I'll start driving with the windows down more, that sound is better than any music...
Old 08-26-2006, 06:38 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Don't mean to hijack, but your signature says you are sending back the Ipod2Car peripheral?
May I ask why? I was planning on buying one of those? Defective? pain in the a$$?
Old 08-26-2006, 07:07 PM
jittie
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SparkYZ

Don't mean to hijack, but your signature says you are sending back the Ipod2Car peripheral?
May I ask why? I was planning on buying one of those? Defective? pain in the a$$?
Yeah it ran fine when I first installed it, but after the car sat overnight it acted like the ipod shut itself off and started back at the main menu, which was fine, everything still worked, just annoying. Then later that day when I would get in the car, I would try to browse to get to one of my playlists, but the menu freezes after it displays the first playlist in the menu, then won't let me select another playlist or play a song from the playlist it is currently selecting. There is like a 1 second delay from when you push a button to when an action is taken, so you press a button and wait to see if anything happens, and nothing does.

I'm going to give them a call on Monday and see what's going on, if I can't get it fixed I'm going to return it, and either just start making mp3 cd's or maybe buy a PIE aux input adapter. I have had a couple of those now for a couple different vehicles with no problems at all. I bought the Peripheral adapter because it allows you to control the ipod by the stereo, meaning I'm not wasting a cupholder with an ipod sitting in it.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Stangrunner06
1st Gear Member

Yea, the keyless entry remote, sorry.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 08-27-2006, 02:04 AM
jay_t

ORIGINAL: jittie

Yeah it ran fine when I first installed it, but after the car sat overnight it acted like the ipod shut itself off and started back at the main menu, which was fine, everything still worked, just annoying. Then later that day when I would get in the car, I would try to browse to get to one of my playlists, but the menu freezes after it displays the first playlist in the menu, then won't let me select another playlist or play a song from the playlist it is currently selecting. There is like a 1 second delay from when you push a button to when an action is taken, so you press a button and wait to see if anything happens, and nothing does.

I'm going to give them a call on Monday and see what's going on, if I can't get it fixed I'm going to return it, and either just start making mp3 cd's or maybe buy a PIE aux input adapter. I have had a couple of those now for a couple different vehicles with no problems at all. I bought the Peripheral adapter because it allows you to control the ipod by the stereo, meaning I'm not wasting a cupholder with an ipod sitting in it.
I really wish there was a clean cut and inexpensive way to get the ipod to work via the head unit's controls, without buying an entire new head unit and adapter, etc. I've just been loading up cds with MP3's, still works but my ipod has everything on it
Old 08-27-2006, 02:29 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Seems many cars have had the problem
TSB
Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
unixadm

ORIGINAL: jittie

Not to further take this off subject, I am looking into the ipod2car currently. I did read that for a Mustang, you NEED the one with software version 1.2.2 That resolves the problem with the resets. You may want to call Periperal to get the fix. I'm probably going to order it....I eventually want to replace the head unit with an Alpine iva-w200 screen which has iPod controls, DVD, as well as the ability to hook up a Navi.....just can't justify the $1000 right now.....I can get away with the $200 for the ipod2car/ford wiring harness.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:05 AM
jittie
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: unixadm

Not to further take this off subject, I am looking into the ipod2car currently. I did read that for a Mustang, you NEED the one with software version 1.2.2 That resolves the problem with the resets. You may want to call Periperal to get the fix. I'm probably going to order it....I eventually want to replace the head unit with an Alpine iva-w200 screen which has iPod controls, DVD, as well as the ability to hook up a Navi.....just can't justify the $1000 right now.....I can get away with the $200 for the ipod2car/ford wiring harness.
Yeah I actually waited to order mine because discountcarstereo.com had suspended ordering because of that problem. After a couple weeks I saw that the issue had been resolved, and also my Ipod has the most recent software update as well, so I ordered. However, I noticed Crutchfield.com (whom I've bought just about every aftermarket car audio component for all my previous cars from) never said that the Ipod2Car was compatible with the 05-06 Mustang.

I haven't messed around with it anymore or called Peripheral yet, I just made an mp3 cd, and right now that is good enough for me. At least with the mp3 cd the controls on the head unit are actually correct.

Quick Reply: DTE FLI DATA ERR