Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 02:40 PM
dieselman27

Default First Mustang

This is my 1st car. I've had my Stang for about 2 months now. I'm liking the attention I get from other people(he he). I really don't like Ford products, but I put the Mustang in a leage of its own. I'm a huge lover of Japanese Imports, like Skylines, Supras and RX7. But I've always liked Mustangs as a kid, along with Camaros and Trans AM's. Anways before getting my Mustang, I was looking into Celica's and RSX but one one day I decided to head to a Ford dealership and I test drove a Mustang and I loved it. Plus I think I would look silly being 27 years old in a souped up Celica or RSX. So far I'm happy with the Mustang. I love the 60's look. Thanks for reading my long post LOL.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First Mustang

lol im exactly the same way. i really don't like anything ford besides the mustang and if they brought the falcon to the us i would buy one right now, but i was originally a huge supra/rx7/gtr fan and i was pretty much set on getting an n/a supra and dropping a turbo in. then i almost bought a wrx, i was actually working out a price with a guy on a black wrx wagon that was really tight with a vf34 turbo swap. then i drove the mustang and decided hell ill get this! lol welcome to the forums!
Old 10-01-2006, 04:18 PM
dieselman27

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

lol im exactly the same way. i really don't like anything ford besides the mustang and if they brought the falcon to the us i would buy one right now, but i was originally a huge supra/rx7/gtr fan and i was pretty much set on getting an n/a supra and dropping a turbo in. then i almost bought a wrx, i was actually working out a price with a guy on a black wrx wagon that was really tight with a vf34 turbo swap. then i drove the mustang and decided hell ill get this! lol welcome to the forums!

The WRX are sweet cars, especially the STi's. Hopefully one day I'be able to afford a car like that. I can't wait for the new Nissan GTR's to come, it's like a hybrid of a a Skyline and 350z.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:33 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dieselman27

This is my 1st car. I've had my Stang for about 2 months now. I'm liking the attention I get from other people(he he). I really don't like Ford products, but I put the Mustang in a leage of its own. I'm a huge lover of Japanese Imports, like Skylines, Supras and RX7. But I've always liked Mustangs as a kid, along with Camaros and Trans AM's. Anways before getting my Mustang, I was looking into Celica's and RSX but one one day I decided to head to a Ford dealership and I test drove a Mustang and I loved it. Plus I think I would look silly being 27 years old in a souped up Celica or RSX. So far I'm happy with the Mustang. I love the 60's look. Thanks for reading my long post LOL.

Congrats on the Mustang.

Automagic I like it LOL
Old 10-01-2006, 05:21 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dieselman27

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

The WRX are sweet cars, especially the STi's. Hopefully one day I'be able to afford a car like that. I can wait for the new Nissan GTR's to come, it's like a hybrid of a a Skyline and 350z.
yea the new gtr is going to be amazing. did you hear that nissan said they aren't going to release it until it sets the nurburgring lap record?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:01 PM
dieselman27

the nurburgring lap record ? Nice. The guys at Nissan don't fool around. I'm also hearing that it may not even be released under the Nissan name in North America(which is a shame). So I guess it will be called the Infinity GTR. I better save up some money from now so when it comes out I will have a down payment ready LOL. That car is going to be pricey.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
666mustang

+ 1. lol im exactly the same way. i really don't like anything ford besides the mustang.
After driving my daughters 03 for two weeks I decided like "what are you waiting for, to be too old to enjoy driving a nice car"? got my 05 in January this year.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:26 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Is it just me or did you say its your first car and your 27yrs old? Lol congrats on the pony.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Johnnydayz
1st Gear Member

Congrats!! I don't mind an import with some style, but this too was my very first new car!! Ever since i first laid my eyes on the S197's I was hooked!!. You'll be having lots of good times in this lovely beauty. oh, and i hear ya with the turning heads thing. Feels mighty fine :-)
Old 10-02-2006, 09:50 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

JUst bought my first mustang this Saturday. I have been drooling over this car for a year. I finally eased my wife into the dealership... I'm very happy right now.. I still sneak out to the garage occasionally to peek at my new baby.. still can't believe it's mine.

LINK

Quick Reply: First Mustang