Retune necessary? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #11  
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Retune necessary?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ilduce321

How does it sound without the muffler?

Loud
petepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #12  
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Retune necessary?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: scrming

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ilduce321

Quote:
ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

No you dont need one. I dont think theres any exhaust that would need a retune to run i think its just tuned for a stock muffler when you buy the tunes and tuned for aftermartket if you replace it.
I'm a little dense, so you'll have to excuse me. Let me put it this way. I have a Flowmaster AT muffler on now, and listed it as one of my mods when I bought my XCal2. What I'm asking is, is the muffler taken into account when the tune is made? Because I assume that, if it is, I will have to have my tunes adjusted if I get the MRT.
No, you do not need to adjust for the MRT...

BTW... mufflers are not taken into account when your tune is made...
LOL!!! John has all the answers dude...you crack me up buddy! Plus you're on almost every other forum too! The best mod I have is an account here! lol!

BTW: What made you decide to get ride of you AT Flowmaster?? I mean it's one of the best isn't it?? What seperates MRT from Flowmaster AT? I'm new and just trying to understand and also, trying not to waste money buy rebuying same modds...
StangNeWbieDJB is offline   Reply With Quote