Message Center - MustangForums.com

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #1  
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default Message Center

I have the three empty slots where info, setup, and reset switches are. Is there any way I can add that functionality to my 05 Mustang. When I took it out the wires are there. I don't know If I just need to switch panel or what?
mdlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #2  
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Message Center

No-one knows? I'm thinking about getting the my-color guages at the same time so I really need to figure out what I need
Old 10-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #3  
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

What color are your gages now? I personally think the mycolor display is a waste...Ford thinks so too that's why they aren't putting them in any more... I keep mine on the same color "vintage red" but if I was going to spend money on a set of gages I'd probably buy something more racey...know what I mean? Also, the dealer told me that can choose between 125 different color combos...but there's only about 6! give or take 1 or 2 but I'm pretty sure there is only six...jump in someone if I'm wrong...
StangNeWbieDJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #4  
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Mine are just the factory white and green. They got in a lawsuit over it and it was impossible to get on mine. I really just want the info center. What do you mean racey guages?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #5  
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: StangNeWbieDJB

What color are your gages now? I personally think the mycolor display is a waste...Ford thinks so too that's why they aren't putting them in any more... I keep mine on the same color "vintage red" but if I was going to spend money on a set of gages I'd probably buy something more racey...know what I mean? Also, the dealer told me that can choose between 125 different color combos...but there's only about 6! give or take 1 or 2 but I'm pretty sure there is only six...jump in someone if I'm wrong...
You can customize the base colors, giving you all the other "custom" colors.
Sonic3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #6  
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

I've got the Info Center in my Mustang. I also have a Jag with a trip computer. The Mustang TC is really kind of lame compared to the Jag TC, which gives you a lot more usable info. You can buy an after market TC which will give you more and better info, possibly for less than Ford would charge you for the Info Center components. And the aftermarket TC would add a uniqueness to your car. Just a thought, but you might look into this route while you are researching the installation of the Info Center.
Pyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 PM   #7  
afixer
5th Gear Member

everything you need is here. do a search next time. this was a big post a while back. i have done it read the thread am did it last week good luck. you will have to replace the cluster and switch. but your lucky because you have the wires.

cluster my color message center add on
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #8  
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Thanks...I actually remember reading that a while back. How tough was the install?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:49 PM   #9  
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TMG

Quote:
ORIGINAL: StangNeWbieDJB

You can customize the base colors, giving you all the other "custom" colors.

WHaaa? Base color??? I knew I didn't spend enough time messing with at thing!

I like Pyrats idea...then you'll have style uniquness and a lot more usable info...

The Fuel economy bars.... C'mon dude... I'm more interested in Direction/ windspeed/ Temp/ ..all things the stock display doesn't show. My sister has an 05 CLK 500 and that display tells you everything down to what street you're on! That's BA! (Bad A$$)
StangNeWbieDJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #10  
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Okay I decided to go with the upgrade! My question now is can I get the GT gauge cluster and just reflash the computer so that my needle is adjusted for 140?