Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Leak problem you've all read about

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:07 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default Leak problem you've all read about

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post this specifically in the 4.0 forum because, I have a 4.0, and it's leaking.

I've read a ton of posts about the wet floor pads after a rainstorm. We've had 2 days of rain here in CT and I thought I'd give it a look. I removed the right kick panel access door and my floor pads are definitely wet. Many people have said that this was an '05 problem that was fixed. Well, I have an '06 with a manufacture date of 3/06. I would assume that this problem was never fixed, probably never addressed in the first place.

The moral of the story here is, it is in your best interest to check this out for yourself after a rainstorm. Hell, I'm curious to see if this happens after you wash the damn thing! I would hate to find out that my floor boards are all rusted to sh** because of a leak problem I ignored. Do yourselves a favor, and take the 5 minutes to do this. In the long run, it may end up saving you a lot of headaches.

I'm scheduling an appointment with my dealership for next week. I'll try to get whatever details I can regarding this and report back to all of you.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:04 PM
swayv6
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Leak problem you've all read about

I had the same thing happen to me after a 2 day, heavy rain storm in Houston this past weekend. My car was parked over the weekend while it rained Sunday and Monday. When I when to jump in my car on Monday morning, I had 2 inches of water on the floor board on the passenger side. It looks like it's coming in where the door meets the body. I'm planning to see my dealer tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:44 PM
sentient

I've been having that same issue. It's causing a short with the right turn signal. After very cold weather with snow or rain, the signal light would not turn off. I would have to disconnect the battery to stop it.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:33 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: swayv6

I had the same thing happen to me after a 2 day, heavy rain storm in Houston this past weekend. My car was parked over the weekend while it rained Sunday and Monday. When I when to jump in my car on Monday morning, I had 2 inches of water on the floor board on the passenger side. It looks like it's coming in where the door meets the body. I'm planning to see my dealer tomorrow.
Oh... I like the look of your car. Yours is the first I have seen with the light colored top that I have liked. The front bumper is awesome. How much was it, and how much to paint it?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

o crap i havent had my car out of the garage yet...only time will tell
Old 10-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

I've had my 06 since last February and went through plenty of rain. No problems here so far at 10,000 miles. Knock on wood!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:26 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I've had mine since April, almost 15k miles. I have no musty smell in my car, and I haven't seen any water. But, when I removed that kick panel, the padding was wet. I think everyone owes it to themselves to at least check. And if it hasn't rained, check after a storm. If it's dry, check periodically. Personally, I don't want to get years down the road and find out that this may have caused my floor boards to rot out. JMO
Old 10-19-2006, 01:28 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

I have not had that problem, but I did have a problem in the rear. I opened my trunk and the bottom drivers side was soaked and there was water retaining in the area where the rear bumper reflectors are. I am waiting for the next rainstorm to see if it does it again. I don't know if this is related to what you are talking about but nevertheless I thought I would mention it anyway
Old 10-20-2006, 12:50 AM
swayv6
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

ORIGINAL: swayv6

Oh... I like the look of your car. Yours is the first I have seen with the light colored top that I have liked. The front bumper is awesome. How much was it, and how much to paint it?

Not to hijack a thread, but THANKS... The part was only $389, but the shipping was almost a deal breaker...$125(ouch). The paint was courtesy of a crash back in July. I had the facia installed when it was being repaired. You should be able to get someone to paint it for about $125.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:36 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Did your V6 grille pop right in to the Street Scene bumper? I.e. is it designed for V6 grille?? Or is it designed for GT grille and you had to rig it....

Quick Reply: Leak problem you've all read about