Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Source For Muffler Hanger Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:31 PM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

Default Source For Muffler Hanger Brackets

Besides Ford, does anyone know of a source for the GT driver side muffler brackets?

I talked to a guy in parts at my dealership yesterday and after some haggeling he quoted me a final price of $133 for the brackets and midpipe, which was great because he started off at about $220. I show up today to buy (at least the brackets-you have to prepay before they'll order) and a different guy (parts manager) tries to sell me the brackets for around $80 apiece. I looked at him like he had an arm growing out of his ear hole then recounted my conversation of yesterday. He saw where this guy quoted me the price of $102 for the midpipe and $133 total, but said he must've been looking at some different brackets and the best he could do was $78 for the brackets. I voice my opinion on how that's a poor way to conduct business since we specifically discussed the correct muffler brackets and now the price changes from $31 to $78 in less than a day. He apologized for the other guys error and said he couldn't sell them for $31, but he could go the $78 and even printed the quote since he said that price is below normal. I had him hold off until I checked another source. Can anyone help?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Source For Muffler Hanger Brackets

very shady business ...
Old 10-27-2006, 05:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NewStangDude

Besides Ford, does anyone know of a source for the GT driver side muffler brackets?

I talked to a guy in parts at my dealership yesterday and after some haggeling he quoted me a final price of $133 for the brackets and midpipe, which was great because he started off at about $220. I show up today to buy (at least the brackets-you have to prepay before they'll order) and a different guy (parts manager) tries to sell me the brackets for around $80 apiece. I looked at him like he had an arm growing out of his ear hole then recounted my conversation of yesterday. He saw where this guy quoted me the price of $102 for the midpipe and $133 total, but said he must've been looking at some different brackets and the best he could do was $78 for the brackets. I voice my opinion on how that's a poor way to conduct business since we specifically discussed the correct muffler brackets and now the price changes from $31 to $78 in less than a day. He apologized for the other guys error and said he couldn't sell them for $31, but he could go the $78 and even printed the quote since he said that price is below normal. I had him hold off until I checked another source. Can anyone help?
He's BS'ing you! List price at my Ford Dealership was just over $50 but they could sell them to me for like $45... He can do a lot better than $78!!! Now the other thing is, on the passenger side you have like 3 hangers... you might want to see if you can just take one off the passenger side and move it to the drivers side and only hang the drivers side with one hanger...
Old 10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Bring it in to Midas or a muffler shop... and have them weld on some hangers.. I spent only $80 at Midas to have them weld and install my GT duals.. I knew the guy of course.. so i got charged ½ labor!!! hehe.. know ur auto body guys.. it helps a whole lot...
Old 10-27-2006, 05:45 PM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

scrming

Are you saying $45 per bracket or for a pair?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NewStangDude

scrming

Are you saying $45 per bracket or for a pair?

Thanks.

They quoted me $45 a piece...
Old 10-27-2006, 06:04 PM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

Perhaps my deal isn't so bad. The guy quoted me $38.73 per bracket, $77.46 for the pair. Reasonable, eh?

Maybe the first guy did screw up. It happens.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:26 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

You can securely mount it using just 1 bracket... and you can get that from your passenger side. Price = Free