Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New nissan altima? Got killed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New nissan altima? Got killed?

ORIGINAL: James Cole

Because the 4.0 engine in the new mustangs is one of the most inefficient engines in the world today, if not the most. Any engine I-4 and 2.8L V6 can match its power easily with double the MPG, Im sorry to break it to you guys but you bought the wrong engine. I mean who the hell buys a sports car with a BIG FAT hamster's wheel engine?
Not everyone feels they need to compensate for shortcomings with a V-8. And I own a V-6 because I know I don't need to prove anything to guy's like you who do. I just enjoy driving and making improvments to the car that is the best choice for me.
Ant
Old 12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Nothing I'm trying to prove . Just making a comparison
Old 12-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: davesyo

Nothing I'm trying to prove . Just making a comparison
Sorry, My statement wan't directed at you Dave. I've always been a car guy and can appreciate any car that someone loves and spends time and sweat maintaining.
Ant
Old 12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Ant69

Because the 4.0 engine in the new mustangs is one of the most inefficient engines in the world today, if not the most. Any engine I-4 and 2.8L V6 can match its power easily with double the MPG, Im sorry to break it to you guys but you bought the wrong engine. I mean who the hell buys a sports car with a BIG FAT hamster's wheel engine?
Not everyone feels they need to compensate for shortcomings with a V-8. And I own a V-6 because I know I don't need to prove anything to guy's like you who do. I just enjoy driving and making improvments to the car that is the best choice for me.
Ant

So you are saying just because you got a V-8 you are compensating?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:15 PM
James Cole
1st Gear Member

No, nobody is compensating, you guys just bought the wrong car that's all.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

You know the v6 isn't so bad.If you were to compare it to some 60s muscle cars it would actually be right in the thick of it. No I'm not gonna compare it to a hemi cuda or stage 1 455 which the gt could probably match 0-60 .But take say a 66 chevy 11 with 327/350 or 64 gto with 389 /325 , or 70 ss chevelle 396 /325 and many others to numereous to list , these cars all ran high 14s to low 15s.The same thing the v6 does with 28 mpg hwy.Also I read where the v6 actually dynos at 235 and not 210 hp.Not a bad 1st gear either 3.35/1 compared to a 1960 s average ratio of 2.50/1 .
Old 12-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: davesyo

You know the v6 isn't so bad.If you were to compare it to some 60s muscle cars it would actually be right in the thick of it. No I'm not gonna compare it to a hemi cuda or stage 1 455 which the gt could probably match 0-60 .But take say a 66 chevy 11 with 327/350 or 64 gto with 389 /325 , or 70 ss chevelle 396 /325 and many others to numereous to list , these cars all ran high 14s to low 15s.The same thing the v6 does with 28 mpg hwy.Also I read where the v6 actually dynos at 235 and not 210 hp.Not a bad 1st gear either 3.35/1 compared to a 1960 s average ratio of 2.50/1 .
You are comparing 46 year old technology to new technology?

No **** it is going to be a lot better [8D]
Old 12-03-2006, 04:38 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

No, nobody is compensating, you guys just bought the wrong car that's all.
A good troll isn't obvious in trying to direct angry responses towards him. You aren't a good troll. It's bad enough every other car enthusiest talks crap about the v6, all the while showing ignorance about it, it's even worse when a v8 Mustang owner does and shows the same ignorance.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

Are all V-8 owners compensating for something?

If all you have to say is "You should have got a V-8" or "Why didn't you buy a 4.6" or "Couldn't you afford a GT" or some other Dig in order to mouth off and sound like you or your car is in some way better than me or My V-6, I'd have to say "Yes", in that case you're compensating for something whether it's not having friends or the skill of some of the guy's here.

On the other hand if you can log on and read through the posts and appreciate the work that it takes to get any car looking better than new or get one of these V-6 Stangs to 250 HP, and then comment and give the recognition deserved without saying "MY GT has more power than that stock" I'd know you're not an idiot and you merely love Cars.

This thread was started by someone with a V-6 Mustang being bested and impressed by a four cylinder sedan. Followed by the discussion as to why? And what can be done? No one here wants or cares to hear "V-6's are not worthy" and "Buy a GT" as an answer.

I apologize if you were offended by my statement but it was not directed towards all GT owners just the A-holes!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Ant69

Are all V-8 owners compensating for something?

If all you have to say is "You should have got a V-8" or "Why didn't you buy a 4.6" or "Couldn't you afford a GT" or some other Dig in order to mouth off and sound like you or your car is in some way better than me or My V-6, I'd have to say "Yes", in that case you're compensating for something whether it's not having friends or the skill of some of the guy's here.

On the other hand if you can log on and read through the posts and appreciate the work that it takes to get any car looking better than new or get one of these V-6 Stangs to 250 HP, and then comment and give the recognition deserved without saying "MY GT has more power than that stock" I'd know you're not an idiot and you merely love Cars.

This thread was started by someone with a V-6 Mustang being bested and impressed by a four cylinder sedan. Followed by the discussion as to why? And what can be done? No one here wants or cares to hear "V-6's are not worthy" and "Buy a GT" as an answer.

I apologize if you were offended by my statement but it was not directed towards all GT owners just the A-holes!
Good Answer... Because we all know, V-10 owners are compensating for something.

Quick Reply: New nissan altima? Got killed?