Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM
roman_helmet

Default NEED HELP

hey im new to the whole tuning thing but i was wondering if it was possible to put a blow off valve on a automatic no supercharger or anything and do they make shift kits for automatics too?
Old 12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP

I'm not familiar with the "blow off valve" that you refer to. To my knowledge all shift kits are for automatics. You do some minor modifications to the valve body of the transmission to change it's shifting characteristics. Dave
Old 12-03-2006, 04:50 PM
roman_helmet

Does anyone know where i could get a shiftkit? and what kind of modifications do i have to make?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Well, back in the day, shift kits were the way to go, but with these new programmable transmissions you might want to go with a tuner, like the SCT XCalibrator2, which will eliminate much of your throttle lag and allow you to set shift points for normal driving and wide open throttle (WOT) as well as shift firmness. The tuner will also give you other benefits as well and come in handy for any future modifications you might make.

To answer your question about availability, I checked over at B&M, and it didn't seem they had one for the Mustang, but you might contact them and see what they say. They are in development on a shifter replacement for the 05 which looks very interesting.