Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

14.7 PT Cruiser...

Old 12-03-2006, 11:27 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default 14.7 PT Cruiser...

Yeah.. that site made me pretty sad. The last day my local track was open for the year I went to just watch some cars run, and one I saw was an automatic PT Cruiser that was supercharged stock I think with just a k&n CAI on it. The thing is just so goofy looking...and it ran good numbers! I laughed when it was at the starting line and thought "who would bring that?" I spoke to the guy driving after...he was a really nice guy so we just talked like any two car guys would. He wanted to know what car I had and what I was running.. I had my mustang with me but I wasnt racing it because I got to the track too late for inspections. I was almost embarrased to tell him I run about the same numbers as he does with my mustang and mods. I felt a little better when I found it was supercharged though... He was surprised to hear that, but being the two car guys we are, we respected eachothers cars and had a good time at the track instead of being bitter. Moral of the story, ugly things can be impressive...?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:31 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 14.7 PT Cruiser...

Thats really cool. It's a different world at the track. Most of the whole why didn't you buy this or that happens on line. At the track most people are cool....and supportive. I must be one of the few that likes the PT cruiser.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

When the PT cruiser first came out I had to have one but I waited and now I'm glad I did. They still look good but that "must have" feeling is long gone after getting my stang.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:59 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Actually... you can get at PT Cruiser with a Turbo... not supercharger.... I ran into one this summer... I hear this very agressive sound pull up from behind me a light.. I look over an it's an older guy (senior citizen) in a PT Cruiser... Then I realize... this old guy wants to go! I'm like a PT cruiser???? HA! Light turns green... i don't really get on it... this guy friggin takes off like a rocket... I'm like WTF just happened???? LOL! I pull up to him a the next light... light turns green... go again... this time I get on it and hang with him... man, you hear the turbo spooling and the BOV popping! This guy is moving... and it's a friggin PT cruiser! Final light... by now we are out of town... we go to about 70MPH... We were absolutely neck and neck... we both lifted at the same time... he looks over and we exchnage thumbs ups... and this old guy is laughing like crazy! I don't know who was more shocked... Me, because the PT Cruiser was bumper to bumper with me or the Old guy, because a V6 Mustang was haning with PT Cruiser...

Well... it was obivious this guy had more boost on his turbo than it came stock from the factory with... I seen the guy one more time over the summer.. but never got a chance to talk to him to see what else he had done... but it was definitely a mid to low 13 second car...
Old 12-04-2006, 12:01 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

the pt cruisers are either n/a or turbocharged. any supercharged one would be aftermarket.
but ya, simple tune, and intake, they will pick up probably aroound 40-60hp
Old 12-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

One of my real good friends has a Convertable PT it's black.
I think you mean that it was Turbocharged, cause thats what my friends
is. They make a Turbo High Output and a Regular Turbo which is what he has. Me and him raced when
we were both stock and I won by like 3 or so car lengths. Both of us are automatic.
One time his girlfriend let me drive it, it's a pretty fun car to drive.
It's always cool to see something different trying to get good e.t.'s
Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 AM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

I traded one in on my GT. A few buddies of mine belong to the local PT Cruiser club. They both have the Stage 1 kits on theirs. 250 hp. one runs low 14's and the other runs high 13's. It is the same motor that the SRT-4 Neons have.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 AM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sick Six

One of my real good friends has a Convertable PT it's black.
I think you mean that it was Turbocharged, cause thats what my friends
is. They make a Turbo High Output and a Regular Turbo which is what he has. Me and him raced when
we were both stock and I won by like 3 or so car lengths. Both of us are automatic.
One time his girlfriend let me drive it, it's a pretty fun car to drive.
It's always cool to see something different trying to get good e.t.'s
The reg Turbo is rated at 180 hp and the HO is 220 hp.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Turbos can turn an otherwise piece of junk, into a pretty formidable opponent. Back in the 80's I had a 1980 Mercury Capri RS turbo. If you remember, the Capri was Mercury's Mustang. At the same time I had a 1980 Mustang. Both had that crummy little 2300 cc motor. The Mustang was a total dog, but the Mercury would hold even with stock 350's even when kicking down at 55.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:20 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Yeah that guy probably did say turbo...I just forgot so I took a guess but yeah its cool too see what a little turbo can do. I want a turbo...I would also like a GT500 but ill keep dreaming.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 14.7 PT Cruiser...