Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My brother and his Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 06:47 PM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

Default My brother and his Maxima

Ok, so my brother has always been a Ford guy, he went from a T-Bird to a Taurus. Finnaly, he needed a new car so he got a 07 Maxima. Of course, he HAD to make sure that the factory HP was more than my 05' V6. So now, he's so certain that his car is superior. I came up with this conclusion. I told him, yeah you may have more HP, but, quoting someone here..."Horse power sells cars, Torque wins races", and when that failed, I also asked him if complete strangers came up to him in a parking lot and said something like " Is that one of those new Mustangs? I remember my '68 blah blah blah......" That shut him up.

Just wanted to share that. Now I feel better !!!!

Old 12-31-2006, 06:53 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My brother and his Maxima

i had a similar conversation with a bud about his infiniti.....when i asked himhow many times he came out of somewhere and saw peeps taking snaps of his ride? his response was complete silence....lol
Old 12-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Don't worry dude the maxima is a 15 sec car so if you can easiily take him from a dig, he weighs more.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:14 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Man don't worry about any maxima. Yes I think the maxima is nice and its quick when it revves up. But, there is no other car that makes me smile more then my mustang. I have a tank full of 87 im trying to burn off soI can load my 93 tune this week...so I just went for a joy ride...no destination in mind..just pure driving fun...I had a great time driving and had no worries. I also got to see my bigger brother pass by, (red GT) and he had his windows down and heard my MRT and nodded his head with a smile on his face as we both exchanged athumbs up. Now tell me, what other car does that?? haha
Old 12-31-2006, 08:02 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Don't worry dude the maxima is a 15 sec car so if you can easiily take him from a dig, he weighs more.
uh try 14
Old 12-31-2006, 09:53 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Uh, no. Mid-low 14. The Maxima only weighs maybe 100 lbs more then us, and outpowers us at 255/252. In short, they'll win...but the kicker is the Max looks like every other vanilla sedan out there, and our cars don't. People who don't even know cars well can tell a Mustang by sight, can the same be said for the Maxima?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Again to each their own. I have both a Maxima and a Mustang and love both of them. I will say the Maxima is a much more refined ride and vehicle and will eat a V6 for lunch and probably could take a V8 but the stang is the fun to drive vehicle. You have to learn to say yea that's a nice car but I chose my stang and move on. These arguments are useless.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:58 AM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

You can't really compare the two cars, they are totally different. I would rather have the mustang just for the fact it is more fun to drive. The maxima is nice in its own right for being able to be a very nice sedan and decently fast. I was thinking about getting one, but i am leaning more towards a new Ford Edge.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:21 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

dont worry just show him one day what the stang can do!
Old 01-01-2007, 01:18 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

i never understood why they put so much HP into 4 door sedans(nissan,dodge/chrysler, mercedes,etc)in the first place. there's alot of them out there too. i guess people that want to buy such cars like driving more than 2 people, but still want to feel sporty?

Quick Reply: My brother and his Maxima