Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Evolution Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Evolution Performance

The markup is on the C&L and the tunes. SCT really keeps the tuners from marking up the XCAL2 units. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

haha. I hope he can work somethin out with a dyno for it otherwise i'm kinda screwed till I can hit a dyno.....hopefully he cuts me a deal too if I do that....doubt it though for $400
Old 01-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I bought my intake and tuner from Evolution performance.

The customer service- ok, but Fred didn't seem overly enthusiastic for helping me.
The shipping- wasn't bad, but Fred told me it would arrive two days earlier than it did.
The tunes-decent, but I may switch to b amachips tunes. I have read about b amachip's tunes allowing
automatics to chirp 3rd gear....etc.

You cant beat the prices of the evolution packages, and if you aren't satisfied with the tunes, for $70 you can purchase a new one from b amachips and still be under the price of other packages.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:07 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

I dont mean to bash evo, but I decided not to go with them because when I called, they did not seem to be too pleased to answer questions. They just kept on pushing me to "just buy it already". With that feeling that they gave me, I felt that customer support would probably not be top notch.

I went with another tuner who is a sponsor on another forum. He is always extremely friendly, and when I had a problem with one of the tunes, he emailed me quite a few times in order to just check up on things.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:20 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Ya, your car will have to be dyno tuned for sure. That might run your 150 to 300 of dyno time.

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

haha. I hope he can work somethin out with a dyno for it otherwise i'm kinda screwed till I can hit a dyno.....hopefully he cuts me a deal too if I do that....doubt it though for $400
Old 01-08-2007, 12:20 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Also, a couple of the moderators on this site have had some credible dealings with them on thier personal cars as well.
Who do you mean???

I have been very happy with all aspects of my tuner/C&L purchase from Evolution. When I had it on my '05 vert (4.0L/auto), I ran the 93 Xtreme tune. I got two free pulls on their Mustang Dyno and a simulated 1/4 mile run. They are close to me, which is why I went with them. No regrets, other than having the set-up do this to my rear fender at the track:
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

damn...i guess i should just buy the C&L with the tune....my poor broken wallet

Ya, your car will have to be dyno tuned for sure. That might run your 150 to 300 of dyno time.

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 AM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

Also, a couple of the moderators on this site have had some credible dealings with them on thier personal cars as well.
Who do you mean???

I have been very happy with all aspects of my tuner/C&L purchase from Evolution. When I had it on my '05 vert (4.0L/auto), I ran the 93 Xtreme tune. I got two free pulls on their Mustang Dyno and a simulated 1/4 mile run. They are close to me, which is why I went with them. No regrets, other than having the set-up do this to my rear fender at the track:
LOL, I have those same typs of pics after my tune was installed...........

Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: merlinsrealm

I Do my dealings with Fred.................Not that other Tuners arent as good, just that from the results and times my car turned so far, I will continue my business with them.
I can't remember, what did your car run? I remember it being impressive. Doh, off to the search function.
Found the answer to my question, very strong run: 14.672 @ 92.68
Old 01-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

well I called him and I though the first time I talked to him he said that he had the tuner and intake in stock so I start on my way...i'm about 1/3 of the way there when the mapquest directions kinda fell off....ya know when they say go one way but you really can't lol...anyway so i call him and he said he didn't have them in stock so he'd have to drop ship it.....so then i had to go to the bank and deposit the cash and then i gotta order it now lol.
-Mike

Quick Reply: Evolution Performance