Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Spiders maaaannnnn!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:28 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Spiders maaaannnnn!!!

Wow... mega spider phobia going on here. The number of people who die from "allergic reactions" to house spiders each year in the US is probably ZERO.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

Yeah... it's not a big deal... until it's you. "Probably" zero? I'd feel better if it was a professional arachnologisttelling me it's "absolutely" zero. I always get a kick out of "it's probably zero" comments.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:23 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

This is quite a long thread for spiders. Come on guys, man up and kill the little buggers. If you can't do it ask your wife or girlfriend to do it for you. Unless there is an hourglass on the abdomen there is little to fear.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

dude same thing happened to me but the one that climbed into my car was about between the size of a quarter and half dollar and was white. I jumped to the right side of my drivers seat...if there was anyone in front of me i woulda rear ended them because i accidently slammed the gas pedal. I went to flick it but it fell so i drove home real fast and was looking for it but oculdn't find it. Then for the next few weeks everytime I came out to my car i'd find spider webs but could never find the ****er. About a month after the event, I came out to my car one night and it was on the inside of the window.....horrifying to know that something might drop on ur head when ur driving lmao.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

haha damn jersey spiders...

Nah guysI wasnt posting cause I was worried about the problem, I just found it funny. The drive through part is just priceless.

No im not on drugs. and

Ill go get a bug bomb tomorrow. haha

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

dude same thing happened to me but the one that climbed into my car was about between the size of a quarter and half dollar and was white. I jumped to the right side of my drivers seat...if there was anyone in front of me i woulda rear ended them because i accidently slammed the gas pedal. I went to flick it but it fell so i drove home real fast and was looking for it but oculdn't find it. Then for the next few weeks everytime I came out to my car i'd find spider webs but could never find the ****er. About a month after the event, I came out to my car one night and it was on the inside of the window.....horrifying to know that something might drop on ur head when ur driving lmao.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

Omg, I don't know why but i'm gettin a kick out of reading
this thread its just funny as hell reading all the well thought
out plans on getting rid of the spiders and lawsuits and
wrongful deaths. Thanks guys made my night. LOL!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

do you park under trees or have lots of trees around where the Mustang is parked? that's where they are coming from. spiders love trees.

i have a spider story too. about 17 years ago, i was driving my mom's Civic on the freeway. it was night time and for some reason i just happened to look down at my left arm and there was a big black widow just hanging out on my arm. i was on a freeway overpass when this happened. i pulled over to a safe place and opened the door carefully and shook my arm. he fell, but i didn't see where he fell to because it was dark. so i spent the next 10 minutes looking for him to see if he fell outside or inside of the car. he probably crawled into the car cause my mom left the driverside window open in the garage earlier that day.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Happened to me about 3 times.. only I get the smaller green kind. Idrive my mom to work with me in the mornings, and every once in a while she takes plants with her.So I know how they're getting in my car.Iusually find out there's a spidey in my car when they make a web on myodometer/speedoarea!Yup!Right in those circular pods.

Once asI opened thedoorthen moved into my car to sit down, I caught aglimpse of the bugger hanging out on top of the driver sidedoor. So I sat there, froze, and starred at the guy before I swatted him out my window!

Another time a spider freaked out my girlfriend.. she swung my door open andtried to jump out of my car while I saw driving through the parking lot. Shecouldn't break free becauseshe had a seat belt on. [&:]
Old 02-12-2007, 02:58 PM
boomerman
1st Gear Member

I hate spiders, the only good spider is a dead spider.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:03 PM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

I have a funny story about spiders in my old car. One was on the sun visor, I was stopped at a stop light and it ran to the flipside of my visor. When i flipped the visor down to kill it, it would run to the other side. It must have done it like 10 times before I noticed the light was green. I can't imagine what the people were thinking, seeing me flipping the sun visor over and over again.

Quick Reply: Spiders maaaannnnn!!!