Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SNOW! Part Duex

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:25 AM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

Default SNOW! Part Duex

Okay, so we get the "storm of the year" or whatever nonsense the news talking heads were calling it here in Buffalo. Approx. 8" of powder and wicked windy so its blowing all around. Street conditions this morning ranged from hard-packed-almost-clear-to-the-pavement up to 3-4" of unplowed snow.

I am happy to report that my 2006 V6 5sp had NO problems whatsoever getting around. Starting, stopping, turning, starting from an incline; you name it the Blizzaks and a light touch on the throttle handled it well. Had to laugh watching no less than 3 Toyota trucks spinning their wheels in futility.

A decent set of snow tires makes ALL the difference. I would prefer to keep my baby in storage for the winter, but thats not economically possible, so I opted for the next best thing.

Until the next "storm of the year" ......

Old 02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Homer1181
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SNOW! Part Duex

I am from buffalo too and I can't believe how many people were of the road. I am running with snow tires and love seeing people just look at my car and thinking that I am going to be the next car to go down the ditch. Anyways, feejay where in buffalo are you from? I am from williamsville. I have a white with red stripe mustang. You might have seen me driving around, I drive alot (even in the snow).
Old 02-14-2007, 03:01 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

I live in Tonawanda, work downtown. I've seen a couple white 'stangs with red stripes, test drove a GT "sleeper" painted that way before I settled on the redfire coupe.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:59 PM
sixbanger06
1st Gear Member

I live in Cleveland and and in the middle of the "Storm of the Century." I have a 2006 V6 five speed with no traction control. I have 2 Winterforce snows on the rear wheels and the stock all seasons on the front. I have had no trouble whatsoever, all I do is start in second gear when needed so the tires dont spin. For those of you that say you wont be able to stop or steer with all seasons on the front and that 4 snows are a must... your wrong. Every other SUV/ Truck has all seasons and they can stop and turn with them on.... no difference in the stang.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
JBD3482
2nd Gear Member

I live in Indianapolis. Had 12inches of snow of which5-6 incheswas on the street last night on the way home. I have stock rims and tires on and had no problems at all. Did better than my previous front wheel cars.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 PM
JimC

I live in SE Michigan and commute 60 miles to downtown Detroit each day. I had the Mustang yesterday with the stock Pirelli's. It wasn't bad actually, but then I only averaged 35 mph the entire way home! I took the Focus this morning, also with the Pirelli's and decided that I need to put some Blizzaks on both cars now - it was quite a bit different in the Focus with little traffic on the expressway this morning and the snow blowing across and icing it up.
We had about 8" of snow at home, and probably 6" in Detroit. Was missing my big Explorer and 4WD this morning.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

had a few inches of snow last night, combined with ice, freezing rain, etc. lots of folks on the side of the road...and that's just a few inches...can't imagine where you at...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:19 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Saint Louis.. doing fine except for the damn screw i just ran over...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:55 PM
deutscherstang
I ♥ Acer

sorry to be "that guy" butit is deux.
snow flurries in texas!!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
jude69
1st Gear Member

Well.........I drove to work today 40 miles each way in crappy weather (sleet, snow, and ice)in New Jersey, and I gotta say that the Mustang did just fine. I was a little nervous though, since I passed about 5 to 10 cars that had spun out on I295. Actually, I was worried about the other drivers on the road possibly hitting me. I had the Mustanggoingno more then 30mph.I have the stock tires on my car and the car handled well. You just gotta take it slow. So far, the Mustang has exceeded my expectations as far as driving in bad conditions. I can't wait til the weather gets nicer though. My car is so freakin dirty right now!

Quick Reply: SNOW! Part Duex