Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's Everyones Hurry??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 AM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

Default What's Everyones Hurry??

So, please don't all take this the wrong way, but, why are the majority of posts here about "how can I go faster?" Personally, I prefer to "cruise" in my 05 redfire, like back in the 70's when cruising was in. On the highway, I find it very relaxing to drive non-chalantly in the middle lane, and watch bozos in the cookie cutter cars zip past me. I find it amuzing seeing them stare at my beauty as they go by me! Of course, every onece in a while, I love to blow off from the redlight too!
Mustangs rule!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:47 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What's Everyones Hurry??

I know what ya mean. Just tonight my husband and I were coming back from dinner when this guy in an '88 Mustang GT kept taunting me. He would speed up and slow down while staring at me! I just kept cruising along minding my own business. I looked over to my husband and said, "What, can't he see this is a V6?"
When I purchased this car I was not out for a race. I've been there and done that with my old Mustang GT.
I just want to be able to enjoy driving without having to bepulled into a race every time some young punk gets the nerve to edge me on.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Rnstanger
2nd Gear Member

I agree. I like cruising in the 6. Not intersted in trying to show off and get a ticket. Very comfortable to drive and of course when I need the power it's there. Now when I get in the Mach it's a whole different story. I get possesed!!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:59 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

1988 Ford Mustang GT 0-60=6.4 1/4 mile=15.0 (MT Jan '88)

2005 Ford Mustang V-6 0-60=6.9 1/4 mile=15.3 (C&D Feb '05)

would have been close...
Old 03-14-2007, 01:06 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if you were cruising the same 1970's as I was. But as I remember it, there were more people saying "How fast can I go" than there is now. Those were the days!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

no hurry for me, i still cruise everywhere. just nice knowing its there, and i love drag racin at the track
Old 03-14-2007, 01:28 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

dont tell me if you had a loud exhaust like i did you wouldnt excessively go revving it loud through town often blasting the music getting attention and winking at the babes
Old 03-14-2007, 01:57 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PonyUp

So, please don't all take this the wrong way, but, why are the majority of posts here about "how can I go faster?" Personally, I prefer to "cruise" in my 05 redfire, like back in the 70's when cruising was in. On the highway, I find it very relaxing to drive non-chalantly in the middle lane, and watch bozos in the cookie cutter cars zip past me. I find it amuzing seeing them stare at my beauty as they go by me! Of course, every onece in a while, I love to blow off from the redlight too!
Mustangs rule!
Just because a person wants to build the car to go faster doesn't mean he/she is going to be doing it all the time.Sometimes while cruzin all nice and cool like something goes by that just needs to be addressed, know what I mean?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: PonyUp

Mustangs rule!
Just because a person wants to build the car to go faster doesn't mean he/she is going to be doing it all the time.Sometimes while cruzin all nice and cool like something goes by that just needs to be addressed, know what I mean?
+1!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:51 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

lol

Quick Reply: What's Everyones Hurry??