Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I hate my JBA Shorty Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:32 AM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

Default I hate my JBA Shorty Headers

First of all hate these header because , they make noise there's barley a power diffrence the installation was hard and you think you pay for all that' installation and the headers total of almost $800 and all i have seen since i installed them was PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS every other mod i had worked out find these's are not worth the money Save the Time and The EFFORT AND MOST OF ALL THE MONEY ,,

I sit back and this of everything i could of done to my car with $800 like UDP, OR Roush Louvers with GT BUMBPERS FRONT AND BACK ? Alotta ****

Well That's my .02 cent
Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I hate my JBA Shorty Headers

the headers wont really shine untill u start making big power, with a S/C or turbo. but the reason they are making noise might be the bolts tht hold it to the block maybe loose. its all part of regular vehical mantainance. as i learned in the military PMCS ( Preventive Mantainace Checks and Services) and me personally i think everyone should at least take a basic mechanic coarse, just for some basic knowledge. But i know pwoplw just get in thier cars and go and dont worry about anything, but 20 minutes out of ur morning or whatever can end up saving u big bucks in the long run.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:55 AM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

If they make noise, they have probally loosened up at the heads. Try tightening them up. You won't be able to tell the difference in power untill you get to the track, your other mods have already made the best of what your going to get. Buy a set of ratcheting metric box wrenched from auto zone and you can tighten them yourself. If the installers took the factory studs out of the heads and used JBA supplied bolts you will need to retighten them a coupla times till everything fits from the heat expansion and contraction
Old 03-23-2007, 12:17 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Okay so how much you want for them? I'll buy them and provide you with the stock mainifolds.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:00 PM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

$300 and ill give you the stock ones!

BIDDING WAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Mine were 279 plus shipping and i paid my mechanic 100 bucks for the install. So they were 420 total .He used the stock boltsand reused the factory gaskets. I have had them on for 2 months now and they sound perfect. Car rumbles a bit more but the change is not that drastic, no rattles or leaks. The car pulls a bit harder out of the hole and they took a .10 off my times at the track. Iam pretty pleased with them.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Fazm put mine on and I there fine. I haven't had to tighten them at all. I suppose I should try. I didn't put the headers on untill after the supercharger. I noticed a little bit in the mid rpms before the tune but thats with a blower.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:01 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

rick, dont retigthen them. i used the factory hardware, just like i did on mine. for the reason that if i used the JBA ones, ud have to keep retightening them.

i paid $like 280 shipped for mine, $0 install. glad i saved $520 lol.

and i love my jba headers, especially with the turbo. i think im gettin 15-20rwhp out of them
Old 03-24-2007, 02:16 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

I agree with Fazm, do not use the JBA hardware. The factory flange nuts are cut with a taper so they stay tight on the factory studs. If you take out the studs and use JBA's bolts you'll be tightening them every few months....forever. (O.K., maybe not forever, but it will seem like it.) LOL! Besides, hit the studs with a little hi-temp silver paint when you're done and they look pretty fair.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:31 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

damn thats a clean engine bay. mine looks like shiz compared to that lol

Quick Reply: I hate my JBA Shorty Headers