Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Power Adder - Turbo Vs. S/c

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 AM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

Default V6 Power Adder - Turbo Vs. S/c

We'll ofcourse i want a power adder now i just dont know which type ?
immost confused when it come's to this parts if any one can give me some info i would Really Appreciate it ... thanks

1.What can make more horsepower? Turbo Or Supercharger?
2.What is more safe ? t/c - s/c?
3. Also i know the Psi's give you more power but.... How do you set or Get Psi ?
4.How much psi is safe for my engine

I definetley invested some money so far and i think a power adder must be my next step ?
But i really want to keep my engine safe and get alota of power.!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Power Adder - Turbo Vs. S/c

All of the power adders I have seen for our 4.0 look pretty good to me. Hard to choose which one, and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
I haven't personally driven the Vortech or ProCharger yet, but everything points to them being top notch, just look at guys like Scrming w/ the Vortech and Ranebowcyxx with the ProCharger.
I have test driven the X, and thought it was sexy. Beautifully constructed with that low end grunt that puts a smile ear to ear.
PowerHouse turbo is what I have and I am extremely happy with it. PH is a top notch company.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:58 AM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

How much did you pay for your PH Turbo setup
Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

how modest is he lol.. no mention of his 12.2 quarter mile time with the turbo

with the same engine stress, a turbo will always make more power since its not having to be driven by a belt.

the PH turbo kit is $5200.

as far as what PSI is safe. Im at 12psi right now, and ive DD'ed 9 and 10 psi for a while. I think 12psi is about what id keep it at for a DD. I will eventually tune the car for 14-16psi but keep it turned down for the street.

i believe buckman is making 323rwhp on a mustang dyno with his automatic, and a conservative tune. And if im not mistaken, hes still running catalytic converters?
On my last dyno i hit 410rwhp/459rwtq on 12psi. This was on a dynojet, and im a manual, and no catalytic converters.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

as far as what PSI is safe. Im at 12psi right now, and ive DD'ed 9 and 10 psi for a while. I think 12psi is about what id keep it at for a DD. I will eventually tune the car for 14-16psi but keep it turned down for the street.

i believe buckman is making 323rwhp on a mustang dyno with his automatic, and a conservative tune. And if im not mistaken, hes still running catalytic converters?
On my last dyno i hit 410rwhp/459rwtq on 12psi. This was on a dynojet, and im a manual, and no catalytic converters.
I drive it locally on weekends @ 11 PSI with no issues, it is relatively tame to drive when you want it to. I am not running cats at this point, but yes, still on a pretty conservative tune.
Fazm, I am waiting to see what you and Todd can do with this kit! You guys can pave the trail so that I can have a goal to shoot for as far as what steps to make next.
I want to run this setup for the year and just try to perfect launching, etc..with the setup as is. This upcoming winter I will look into reworking the stall, PH driveshaft and a couple other suspension mods and go from there.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:23 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Like it's been said, you really can't go wrong with any of the FI setups. I have the X-Charger, and aside from the group buy that I got in on, I'm not particularly setting my car up to be a track monster...I will go here and there, but I wanted to make my car more fun on the street, light to light, stop sign to stop sign, and getting on the highway. The X isn't going to put out as much hp/tq as the other kits, but it's certainly fun to drive. If you're going for track prowess, I would suggest getting a centri or turbo. If you're looking to have more fun with your daily driving, and not particularly track dominance, I would suggest the X-Charger.

But as I said, you simply CANNOT go wrong with any of the setups...it's all up to YOU!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

I drive it locally on weekends @ 11 PSI with no issues, it is relatively tame to drive when you want it to. I am not running cats at this point, but yes, still on a pretty conservative tune.
Fazm, I am waiting to see what you and Todd can do with this kit! You guys can pave the trail so that I can have a goal to shoot for as far as what steps to make next.
I want to run this setup for the year and just try to perfect launching, etc..with the setup as is. This upcoming winter I will look into reworking the stall, PH driveshaft and a couple other suspension mods and go from there.
my car gets driven about 450-500miles a week, at this point i see no reason to turn it back down to 9psi.

I dunno when the next time i can hit the track. I really want to try to hit 11s with this thing, but its already warming up. When i did my 12.7 run it was a 101 degree day. The track has been cancelled for this coming friday. i might have to make the 100 mile treck to go to another track before it starts getting back into the 100s
Old 04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

I dunno when the next time i can hit the track. I really want to try to hit 11s with this thing, but its already warming up. When i did my 12.7 run it was a 101 degree day. The track has been cancelled for this coming friday. i might have to make the 100 mile treck to go to another track before it starts getting back into the 100s
I have a feeling once you get the right conditions, you will be posting an 11.9x timeslip, that is going to rock.
I will be following your progress closely, as a boost controller isn't out of the realm of possibilities in a short time frame. If you are running at 12 PSI, I can't wait to see the timeslips with good conditions as I will try to mirror that success.
Back to the original thread...@ Ilduce, I think you are being modest with the X. I think we are going to see 12.xx numbers this year from the X. I will be watching Nav closely this year as I think he is going to lay down some impressive numbers soon. So I do think the X is track worthy as well as the centris and turbos!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

fazm how is your tranny holdin up? any plans to strengthen it or are you just gonna swap it out for a t56 or something when it breaks...cause its gonna break LOL.

buckman are you still on a 7.5 or are you using an 8.8?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ill build up the t5, its holdin up for now, but i havent tried any powershifting with the turbo

Quick Reply: V6 Power Adder - Turbo Vs. S/c