Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MAC and JBA headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

Default MAC and JBA headers

http://v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Headers.htm

I noticed the MAC headers are QUITE a bit cheaper.

Is JBA worth the extra 160 dollars?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MAC and JBA headers

my vote is no. but you can spend that money better elsewhere. headers won't net you any gains if you don't go F/I.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:37 AM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

I think JBA are worth it....................................You may want to check eBay, $399 ish. Shipping $30 xtra $100 for ceramic....
However what I have been reading there are better ways to get more power and a better sound.
With that said I threw down for them. if you install them yourself make sure you change the gasket, the instructions say you can reuse the old one but is takes two hours to fix a leak if you screw up.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

Headers are next to worthless on N/A cars -- Ford actually did a disgustingly good job on the stock manifolds. I don't see a tuner listed in your sig, so if you don't have one yet, I'd say that would be the best money you could spend right now...
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I dont think it is worth the extra cash. I have the Mac headers, and I didn't have a problem with them (except I have to remove a few bolts that held some brackets for other things on). They are a good finish, and ok fit. As far as power, the gains are small. However, they do improve the sound of the engine.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:39 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

I dont think it is worth the extra cash. I have the Mac headers, and I didn't have a problem with them (except I have to remove a few bolts that held some brackets for other things on). They are a good finish, and ok fit. As far as power, the gains are small. However, they do improve the sound of the engine.

How different does it sound?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:43 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Glacial

Headers are next to worthless on N/A cars -- Ford actually did a disgustingly good job on the stock manifolds. I don't see a tuner listed in your sig, so if you don't have one yet, I'd say that would be the best money you could spend right now...

Tuner and CAI are definitely next, but if I can pick up some extra parts and list them in my mods list when b ama makes the tune, I won't have to get an extra tune if I want them later on.

I was considering getting headers, 4.10s and an LSD, putting them all in at the same time with the CAI and flashing the ecu.

Basically buy up what mods I want now and put it all in at the same time.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:10 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

it is a known thing that the MACs will end up costing you a buttload with the install, because they dont fit properly
Old 04-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

it is a known thing that the MACs will end up costing you a buttload with the install, because they dont fit properly
Thats obviously not always true because mine fit great!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

ORIGINAL: Glacial

I think if you buy your intake/tunes from B amachips, he will update them for free for your new mods.

Tuner and CAI are definitely next, but if I can pick up some extra parts and list them in my mods list when b ama makes the tune, I won't have to get an extra tune if I want them later on.

I was considering getting headers, 4.10s and an LSD, putting them all in at the same time with the CAI and flashing the ecu.

Basically buy up what mods I want now and put it all in at the same time.

Quick Reply: MAC and JBA headers