Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Interior Rattling Source

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default Interior Rattling Source

So I, like many of you guys, have got aftermarket exhaust and all that happy stuff. And maybe it is just me, but the rattling I get sometimes in the interior bugs the heck outta me. But recently, Iv done a little detective work, and located some of the sources of the rattling. The first source I discovered was on the both the doors. Near the little armrest, the inside of that. The panel there is extremely loose. So I just got a little little dab on glue, just in case for some reason I need to get in there.

The second rattle source I found was right behind the door handle. Again, the little panel is extremely loose, so I got a toothpick, a dab of glue, and stuck it to the side. I did all the gluing at my work, and on the way home from work, did a little test drive, and so far so good. I have not heard any rattling as of yet. If this is old news, sorry, I will try to put up some pictures of where the rattling occurs!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:44 AM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Interior Rattling Source

I hate the rattling..........But most of mine seems to be coming from the dash..............I think the dealer screwed up fixing the Shaker 1000.... I have given up and just try to turn up the music...........
Old 04-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

Probably unrelated, but there is a TSB out for rattles from the center console area -- abad exhaust hanger's to blame.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:20 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Ya i have the exhaust rattle problem. Where the right Cat meets the X-Pipe even though its next to the hanger. So far no one has been able to think it can be fixed.