Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Do minor mods NEED a tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:46 PM
chillinnsatx

Default Do minor mods NEED a tuner?

Ok, so I'm not as thirsty for power as most folks on here....just lkg for modest improvements without a lot of $$ for now.

Just got a new 07 V6 w/Pony Package (don't even have my plates yet), and I just bought a GT single takeoff axleback exhaust on Ebay from the online Brenspeed store....and I'm going to put in a drop-in K&N filter. I know everyone recommends a CAI kit with tuner...but I'm not ready for that just yet.

Will these 2 simple mods have any negative impact on my car without a tuner??I'm hoping they will improve my car a bit by themselves....
Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Do minor mods NEED a tuner?

No tuner needed for those mods.

ORIGINAL: chillinnsatx

Ok, so I'm not as thirsty for power as most folks on here....just lkg for modest improvements without a lot of $$ for now.

Just got a new 07 V6 w/Pony Package (don't even have my plates yet), and I just bought a GT single takeoff axleback exhaust on Ebay from the online Brenspeed store....and I'm going to put in a drop-in K&N filter. I know everyone recommends a CAI kit with tuner...but I'm not ready for that just yet.

Will these 2 simple mods have any negative impact on my car without a tuner??I'm hoping they will improve my car a bit by themselves....
Old 04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

You could go with just the tuner. The intake isn't nearly the improvement some people make it out to be.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

If u get just a tuner and run it with the stock airbox you will definatly be able to feel the gains. just beware that the tuner voids the warrenty. but if u buy one all you have to do is reflash it back to stock before you take it in for maintnance. but for a filter and a gt takeoff a tuner is not neccisary.