Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Chime question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 06:44 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Chime question

ORIGINAL: urnamethere

i dont think the trunk is making the chime go off alothough i do do have a subwoofer so is it possible that the vibrations could make something go off back there, yeah i tried the pullin the e-brake just a bit before it came close to engaging the brakes and it did make the sound, maybe with the road vibrations and everything made the switch go off?
did you double check your trunk? LOL
Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

haha no i actually didn't double check my trunk but when i got home i went to get some water from the trunk and pressed the open trunk button on the keyless and saw it pop up so i just though it was closed, the weird thing is that it only chimes when im accelerting hard like at WOT it wont do it all the time it will just chime in randomly. btw scrming your car is one of my fav on the forums i want to get the louvers for my 3/4 and rear window my car is black and im getting black louvers hopefully it looks good
Old 05-21-2007, 07:06 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: urnamethere

haha no i actually didn't double check my trunk but when i got home i went to get some water from the trunk and pressed the open trunk button on the keyless and saw it pop up so i just though it was closed, the weird thing is that it only chimes when im accelerting hard like at WOT it wont do it all the time it will just chime in randomly. btw scrming your car is one of my fav on the forums i want to get the louvers for my 3/4 and rear window my car is black and im getting black louvers hopefully it looks good
Thanks!

But dang... thought for sure it was the trunk! LOL! Drove me crazy for a day until I figured it out... LOL
Old 05-21-2007, 07:11 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

yeah it doesent really bother me or anything as long as its nothing bad i just want to know what it is? is it my car telling me to kick it down a notch? or is a light out in the dash and its trying to warn me about something those are the two things im worried about, i am going to go to autozone and get a code reader see if it throws something out
Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Well, this is all very interesting. I too have experienced this chime noise while going down the freeway. Was doing about 85 when it just started to chime about 5-8 times, no lights flashing, nothing else weird. Then when I got off at the exit and was hitting the brakes to slow down going around the curve of the off ramp(still doing about 50), it started dinging again 5-8 times. I do not have the IUP , and I did check the trunk & doors, they were all closed tight.
Any ideas???

urnamethere-- did you check a code reader, what did it come up with?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 AM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

actually i never got around to seeing if it owuld throw up codes but is funny that someone brought it up because the stang did it again as i was coming home tonight so seeing how im done with school and have alot of free time i will do that first thing tomorrow and let you know what happened
Old 06-07-2007, 10:51 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

If your cars are still under warranty, I would take it back to the dealer.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

I just bought mine 2 weeks ago, used. It only has 26k miles on it, so it is still under Ford warranty, plus I slapped an extended ford warranty on it.
I called our local redneck Autozone this morning, they have a code reader but won't let me use it unless the check engine light is on. The CEL isn't on.
This car has a big magnaflow dual exhast, I followed the pipes all the way to the headers, so I think it may be what they call a H style? (They run down the whole length of the car and don't X anywhere)My exhaust pipes are 4" diameter. Would this have something to do with it??? I heard/read something about not enough pressure to push the exhaust out so it sometimes builds up in the pipe and causes issues???
Old 06-07-2007, 06:54 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

i swapped my muffler for a flowmaster but i dont know if thats it i checked the codes and nothing came up, i dont think the dealer will do anything since i doubt it will chime when they are there
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

theres a blinker chime if you leave it on too long.

Quick Reply: Chime question