Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does This REally Work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Red_Blaze
1st Gear Member

Default Does This REally Work?

I was looking for some parts to boost up the HP and Torque and I came across this thing called The Vortec Cyclone. It claims to up the Horsepower bewtween 5-12. I'm a little skeptical about this product cuz I've never heard bout it. Does anyone got any info on this?
Heres the site:

http://www.vorteccyclone.com/boosthorsepower.html
Old 05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Does This REally Work?

Its crap, dont bother with it.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Never trust a product when they have to put testimonials on the website
Old 05-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

I still cant believe all these car magazines still let these guys advertise.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

I do! They let them advertise because it gets the magazine money and that's what it's all about anyways. That's why you should always be aware of all ads.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

A while back, one of the local TV stations did a consumer report thing on this device and concluded that it was junk. Not only did it NOT add power or fuel mileage, but it may have madeperformance WORSE. It's a waste of money, according to that report.

The web site makes it sound convincing, but it doesn't work. Why nobody has put them out of business for fraud is beyond me.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

This will work in Fantasy land only!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Several reputable TV shows have shown that this thing either doesn't work, reduces horsepower, or causes the engine to catch fire.

The principle is the same as a CMCV, the trade off is you get 10HP on the lower end, for slower acceleration lower HP on the top end.

Unfortunatly our cars already have CMCV's and unlike this product, they work.

Ours flap around about twice every turn of the engine so maybe 100 times a second. This product... well it just sort of sits there.

so 100 times a second, vs stationary? hmm well gee I wonder which is a cosmetic imitation that barely works and which is real.

I'm sure it would cause a 10hp gain... on a Bughatti Veyron with 1000 horsepower (and again only on the low end because it would rob your top end, like REAL CMCV's do) but on our cars maybe 1 horsepower at 2000 rpm for 3 less at 6000 rpm (if we didn't have an actual effective version of this already that is).

--

Anyway I also researched the news sources that they claim to have been featured on, and they definitly have never been in the Washington Post, and most likley haven't been on on NBC (and that's after extensive research but I'm not positive the show is as well documented as the Washington Post).

In fact the only news sources that DO feature them don't agree to their claims. They can't even claim "Featured on the Today Show: (As not working!)" because they have never really been featured.

Most companies link to their own features or put up flash videos, in fact all of the ones making such claims as "Featured on" do, however these guys don't and that's a warning sign right there.

Secondly are you really doing to trust a company that says: "customers who have seen horsepower gains of up to 31%" That's ridiculous, espetally when their number one testimonial talks about "My riced out civic got 7hp!" would you trust any ricer? I think not.

Oh but here's the icing on the cake. Besides that, their "expert oppinion" is from an Amateur formula style race car driver. I have two things to say about that, firstly pretty much anyone can qualify for that catagory, even me... because I actually do do open wheel forumula styleracing and I know how expert some of the drivers are, espetially ones who don't have many tropies to their names. Maybe I've done it for only 5 years but equally20 years? Well that's no great claim.

The second thing I have to say about formula style driver is that the oppinion of a completly random one is about as worthwhile and expert as the oppinion of Tacobill to be specific. Except these guys only got one Tacobill to back them up. Slanted? I think so. I know several several "experts" that would disagree with their claim including myself.

The icing on the cake gets better and better though because Stig Bergman isn't even a formula driver, he's a professional Hockey Player.

Finally can you beleive these guys say this thing will "supercharge", your engineWITHOUT quotes? Don't buy from a company that doesn't evenknow the definition of supercharge, espetially because they make a very clear implication that this works like a supercharger, however I'm not sure how it would do that even remotly.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

What you need isThe Turbonator
Old 05-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Red_Blaze
1st Gear Member

are u messing around? or is that for real?..lol

Quick Reply: Does This REally Work?