Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mirror Tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
TheFokusedOne

Default Mirror Tint

hey guys this is my first post so be nice. I'm looking to get some mirror tint put on my mustang and I read somewhere that I need to get the felt replaced first. The ppl that gave me a quote said they don't replace the felt and I need to take it to a Ford dealership. Is the felt replacement (or installation) necessary?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mirror Tint

If you are tinting the side windows, you will need the felt. It's vety easy to do.

instructions here:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3059554/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: TheFokusedOne

hey guys this is my first post so be nice. I'm looking to get some mirror tint put on my mustang and I read somewhere that I need to get the felt replaced first. The ppl that gave me a quote said they don't replace the felt and I need to take it to a Ford dealership. Is the felt replacement (or installation) necessary?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM
besam
2nd Gear Member

yes you need the felt do BEFORE you get your tint
Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Where do you live because my friend here in OH got mirror tint and got pulled over the same day as he picked the car up from the shop and the cop made him tear it off on the spot.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i didn't put felt on my car and windows are ok. the scratches i have aren't due to not having felt but because the gap is VERY tight. i have one scratch and thats because of the machinery, not because i'm lacking felt.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

I never got it either and there are some tiny scratches but nothing really bad, not sure what its due to maybe not having felt but personally if I could do it over I wouldnt get it because its not worth it to me. Mine look great and are over a year old. [/align][/align]Like mdlesk said you might wanna check the law where ever u live, because in IL your not allowed to have any tint on the front, so becareful, i just put my windows down when i see a cop, its suck but oh well!!![/align]
Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
TheFokusedOne

well i went to local ford dealership and they swear i dont need the felt, but now im worried about the laws (especially being a black man lol) so now that's another thing i need to look into.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:13 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Don't just look at the tint laws, but also at mirror and/or reflective tint laws as well.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:13 AM
besam
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheFokusedOne

well i went to local ford dealership and they swear i dont need the felt, but now im worried about the laws (especially being a black man lol) so now that's another thing i need to look into.
lol yeah if the mirror tint is not transparent enough the cops might bust you, and about you being black so the police give you a hard time, i know what you mean

im arabic AND i live in the deep south so i have to be extra careful, especially around the airport or else[sm=icon_beat.gif]
Old 06-06-2007, 04:28 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

I would say just go with the darkest legal tint if you are worried about cops.... and just to be safe, use the felt.
Redfire Rocks!

Quick Reply: Mirror Tint