Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust again

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Default exhaust again

I know there is an awful lot of exhaust questions and topics on this forum but the one that there is not a definite answer to is whether or not dual exhaust on the 6 helps or reduces low end torque or if there is any change at all either way .Does anyone know FOR SURE 100% about this ?? I want to put duals but absolutely do not want to lose torque

Thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 11:53 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: exhaust again

ORIGINAL: davesyo

I know there is an awful lot of exhaust questions and topics on this forum but the one that there is not a definite answer to is whether or not dual exhaust on the 6 helps or reduces low end torque or if there is any change at all either way .Does anyone know FOR SURE 100% about this ?? I want to put duals but absolutely do not want to lose torque

Thanks

GREAT question man I have been wondering the same. I'm sure one of our better qualified memebers will have an answer for us. Thanks for asking it....
Old 06-08-2007, 12:32 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Yeh, Id love dyno sheets of this
Old 06-09-2007, 12:02 AM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm , anyone ???
Old 06-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

I've been here for nearly 1.5 years, and I've never seen any dyno sheets for the dual conversion. I doubt anyone is 100% certain of any performance loss. I've heard that less back pressure reduces low-end performance, but I'll bet you won't even notice it. I'm doing the conversion anyway, for looks and sound.

Ken
Old 06-09-2007, 05:13 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

OK this may be cheesy and I can take it if it is but I agree that the duals look awesome /!!!!
And if there is the chance that te reduce tourqe why not just bot on the left muffler and cut the bumper (of install a GT one) for the look while still maintaining the back pressure that our motors need. Sounds logical maybe too logical and cheesy. Let me have it guys!!!LOL
Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I asked the muffler shop about the performancewith duals. Like would it get better gas mileage.....he said it would because the engine could breathe better.....also the engine would stay cooler.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Verti6o

Yea, I'm not taking a chances when I get my done. I want duals, like the look, so I'm going to do the Y-back. Basically, you just but another Y to the one that is already there and you've got duals. Some people are saying this is an X but I don't think so.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:59 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pperin

OK this may be cheesy and I can take it if it is but I agree that the duals look awesome /!!!!
And if there is the chance that te reduce tourqe why not just bot on the left muffler and cut the bumper (of install a GT one) for the look while still maintaining the back pressure that our motors need. Sounds logical maybe too logical and cheesy. Let me have it guys!!!LOL
Yes, cutting the bumper and installing a non functional muffler is cheesey.
Relax.....many V6 owners have done it and are happy with the results. I think if you get a reputable muffler shop to do the install, they will stand by their work.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:10 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: pperin

Yes, cutting the bumper and installing a non functional muffler is cheesey.
Relax.....many V6 owners have done it and are happy with the results. I think if you get a reputable muffler shop to do the install, they will stand by their work.
Thanks for not going hard on me LOL. I think it would drive me nuts that I had a non fuctioning muffler on there even if no one else could see it.
I was going to do it myself if I did it.

Quick Reply: exhaust again