Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

General Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 AM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Default General Question

After reading all the posts and learning who some of you are, I am now a little confused onwhat I should do with my car.
For all of you with V6's who have added the tuners, sway bars, CIA, etc... modification parts in general to make the car bigger and faster, plus scoops and other appearance upgrades, are these your everyday driving cars or your weekend toys???
I had a gas guzzling 03 Expedition (12 mpg in town[:'(])and traded it in for my v6 (24-25 mpg )so I had better gas mileage and could afford to drive places! But, this is my everyday driver for around town. Should I leave it stock as it is (other than the magnaflow that is already on it) because it is an everyday driver or start making a shopping list of add ons? I was thinking of adding the rear sway bar first, but do I really need this for putzing around? I also was considering adding all the GT side skirts, front end, etc... but then it will look like a GT and act like a v6. I read someone said " all show and no go was ricey", so don't want to look stupid either. I really likemy v6 and appearance wise IMO it looks really nice, although I may just end up changing out the front grille, but what doI really need to do??? I want to be a little different from the other regular v6's, but not over do it, if you know whatI mean. I don't plan on going to the drag strip!!!
Thanks for any input!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: General Question

I think your racing stripe and lack of side stripes make your Pony look unique. I like it the way it is.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:14 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

If it is your daily drive you will really benefit from quite a few modifications. Added sway bars and tweaking the suspension will definitely make it a lot more fun to drive. A tuner will definitely open up the car as well. You don't need any type of power-adder but you will benefit from a lot of the parts even though it's your daily driver. The best thing to do is go through the sponsers section and see what they offer that you like and if you have any questions chances are at least one of us have tried the part.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:50 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

4Rowdy, it's really up to you on how you want your car to look. If you want GT side skirts then go for it.....it's not like you have a GT emblem on your car. If they are a Mustang fanatic they will know that it is a V6.
I pulled in Blockbuster the other day and saw a Grabber Orange V6 with deep dish chrome rims anda body kit....had black stripes. From the side, it looked like a GT, but he had the Pony emblems on as well as the false gas camp. I thought his car looked hot!

There are links you can go to change out your grill to make it look different if that's one of the routes you want to go.

Me, the first thing I'm doing is making it dual exhaust. Then I want, rear window louvers, side scoops, maybe a hood scoop. Who knows, maybe down the road, I might put a pro charger in it.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Like Sandy said,

The first "external" mod I did was the dual exhaust and GT bumper (I just like the look of the GT bumper).

It brings the back end of the mustang "up to snuff" and makes it look balanced.

I don't like having any car with single exhaust (except my old 65 Corvair turbo)... all my cars had duals from my 67 Vair, 70 Cougars, 70 Torino and68 LTD...

Of course the 4" tips look awesome on my pony too. My mufflers are LOUD others are quieter. You can choose what you like.

For safety, the Traction-LOK differential is a great mod!

It is YOUR car, look around at the members photo gallery and see what you like. Write it down and then research each part. Ask more questions. Shop around. Listen/Watch member videos. Ask more questions.

Enjoy the "evolution" of your pony.

SOHC

PS: Sandy, I want to see photos of your new pipes when you get them installed!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

Duels definately defines a mustang...loud or quieter either way looks and sounds awesme
Tuner/ intake makes the car wayyy more fun t drive
T-lok/ 3:73 gears also makes it wayyy funner to drive

As for appearance go for a roush hoodscoop, GT500 bumper, chin spoiler, GT sideskits

But when it comes down to it remember one important thing...It's YOUR car
Old 06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

4Rowdy for the most part everyones car here is a DD or Daily Driver. Some of the parts you were talking about help with apperance and so forth. If you want those parts i say go for it. You will definitly have your own unique stang.