Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pre-turbo mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 AM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pre-turbo mods

It's like waking a beast! My car is completely different. The traction, the acceleration, the responsiveness, the handling, I'm loving it!

The exhaust sounds amazing for just an h-pipe and gt mufflers (imo) I can't wait to buy some borlas.

I had a question maybe someone can answer, I'm suspecting that perhaps it's the driveshaft. I was warned of the increased chassis noise with all the stiffening, however there seems to be a recurring noise that doesn't seem right. It occurs mainly when I have the brake applied. I also hear it in a small burst when I turn the car off. Any ideas?

I'm pretty much decided on the california dream rear bumper, however I'm surprised at how much the mufflers stick out. I'm hoping this will all look right with the borlas and this rear fascia.

I also desperately need a tune now! Haha, I'm probably just going to get it dyno'd asap, as I'll have to get a tuner then anyway. Rather than buying a tuner with premade tunes before dynoing it.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:57 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

you're front end reminds me of eleanor except in blue...is tht the look you're going for?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:14 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

I'm not really going for a specific look, I'm more going for my own thing, but that is what the cervinis kit seems to be modeled after.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:04 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third

It's like waking a beast! My car is completely different. The traction, the acceleration, the responsiveness, the handling, I'm loving it!

The exhaust sounds amazing for just an h-pipe and gt mufflers (imo) I can't wait to buy some borlas.

I had a question maybe someone can answer, I'm suspecting that perhaps it's the driveshaft. I was warned of the increased chassis noise with all the stiffening, however there seems to be a recurring noise that doesn't seem right. It occurs mainly when I have the brake applied. I also hear it in a small burst when I turn the car off. Any ideas?

I'm pretty much decided on the california dream rear bumper, however I'm surprised at how much the mufflers stick out. I'm hoping this will all look right with the borlas and this rear fascia.

I also desperately need a tune now! Haha, I'm probably just going to get it dyno'd asap, as I'll have to get a tuner then anyway. Rather than buying a tuner with premade tunes before dynoing it.
can you describe the sound more?