Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what to do...blower choices

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Default what to do...blower choices

Hey all,
Well I found out the shop I was going to go to is quite a ripoff to say the least. So what parts should i be getting to build a dual exhaust setup, a blower, and a new rear.....???

My thoughts are procharger, borla catback or MRT max thunders, and 8.8 GT takeoff with LSD and 3.55 gears from hillbank. My goals are that I am looking to have 300-320rwhp and be able to have it so that after i get some money i will be able to use the same blower to get up to 400rwhp.

Please any thoughts would be appreciated
-Mike
Old 08-25-2007, 05:36 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: what to do...blower choices

If you are going centri I would go with at least a 3.73 gear to get that thing spooled up. Even a 4.10 would help a great bit with it. Ranebowxyxx has the procharger, hes going to a 4.10 gear soon too.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

I want to get a turbo setup but honestly, how reliable are they compared to a good blower tuned correctly? That's my only worry.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

the tune makes a difference for all the kits, so far there have not been any "major" issues that werent resolved quickly and there hasnt been anything that appears to just keep causing problems, all should get 5 stars IMO
Old 08-26-2007, 02:18 PM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

i just got my cams and heads and forged rods and pistons... i also want to go down the path of procharger and would love to see at least 400whp. i also saw on a show FINE TUNED that there is a way to cool the intercooler with CO2 sprayers on the front mount to add about another 40hp does this actually work?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:26 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6 muscle

i just got my cams and heads and forged rods and pistons... i also want to go down the path of procharger and would love to see at least 400whp. i also saw on a show FINE TUNED that there is a way to cool the intercooler with CO2 sprayers on the front mount to add about another 40hp does this actually work?
What compression ratio did you go with on your pistons, and how aggressive of a cam did you go with? Depending on what you chose, you may need a more aggressive gear to get into the powerband of your car. For the intercoler with the C02 spray, you wont see 40hp gain. I would just get a good intercooler. Ranebowcyxx has Powerhouse Centri Cams and Heads, hes at like 400rwhp at 10lbs of boost.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 PM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

the pistons are an 8:8:1 compression ratio and i have no idea on the cams sorry, i getting all of this information from about 1000 miles away... im off at school right now... will i see any horsepower from the C02 spray or is it just a waste of money
Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i have a nitrous intercooler sprayer. the problem with using co2, is that if any of it wonders into your intake after its sprayed, u can get f'ed (it replaces oxygen, so you will fall flat on your ***).
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

hmm...well I talked to the tech at this shop. The shop is now saying they want to use a vortech at 8-10lbs of boost and have produced as much as 330rwhp.....Seems pretty damn good to me. I will keep you all updated. Also, I am not going dual exhaust anymore...
Old 08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Also, has anyone used Tunable induction's intake setup for paxton/vortech blowers???? Looks interesting, wondering what the gains were

Quick Reply: what to do...blower choices