Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Applying Rally Stripes on Mustang..

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Chrome

Default Applying Rally Stripes on Mustang..

Hey Guys, my name is Chrome i am new to the Mustang forums as well as to owning a Mustang. I recently purchased a 2007 pony package redfire v6 in which i've decided my first appearence upgrade to be the addition of dual White Rally Strips from bumper to bumper. I called ford for recomendations of who applies their stripes and was given a shop here in Idaho who gave an appraisal of $500 for the order of the stripes and the labor work. After doing a search on Ebay i've found you can buy a full kit for about $165 after shipping. $500 seems rediculously high for something as simple as striping the car, am i wrong? And how hard would it be to install myself and what all is needed and entailed? Feedback would be greatly appriciated and i am greatful to have stumbled upon these great forums!
-Chrome
Old 08-25-2007, 06:00 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Applying Rally Stripes on Mustang..

do it yourself your name is chrome you can handle it. the bumpers will be the hardest part just use the search you can find plenty of tips and tricks to do it
Old 08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
JimC

Check with Baltimore Street Mods, one of the vendor sponsors here. Quality product, and detailed instructions for self install - plus Rob is quick to respond to your questions.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimC

Check with Baltimore Street Mods, one of the vendor sponsors here. Quality product, and detailed instructions for self install - plus Rob is quick to respond to your questions.
+1 with Jim, and welcome to the forum!! Rob over at BSM will take good care of you. Quality product, excellent Customer Service!! Go to the site and read the install instructions. Take you time, get a buddy to help, and go at it.....

Mike
Old 08-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Chrome

Wow, Fast responce! Go figure Baltimore Mods is the vender for the very ebay auction i was watching, that just solidifies what i was considering doing. Thanks alot guys! Rock hard this weekand..peace
-Chrome
Old 08-26-2007, 08:18 AM
autorat67
1st Gear Member

baltimore street mods is the way to go. i just got done putting 2 10" gloss black stripes on my mineral grey mustang yesterday. did all but the hood and roof by myself and all i needed there was some one to help me hold the tape so i could find the center on the roof. did it by myself in just a little over 6 hours that included cleaning the car first . but as long as you take your time and read the instructions at least twice you should be able to do it yourself. will be posting some pics in the next day or to
Old 08-26-2007, 11:34 AM
boudreaux
1st Gear Member

I'm not sure who he got them from, but check with DylanFan... he did his himself and they looked awesome.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:03 PM
2007_Stang
1st Gear Member

wow 500.00 seems a little much for just a set of stripes. I went to a buddies body shop to get an estimate on painted stripes, and he quoted me around $1100.00 for a full set of stripes, front to back along with a complete re clearing to really make my car shine. I'd say stick whith BSM for the do it your self installation.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boudreaux

I'm not sure who he got them from, but check with DylanFan... he did his himself and they looked awesome.
Thanks for the good words. I got my stripes from Baltimore Street Mods but thru an auction on e-bay. The opening bid price was $64.95 and the Buy It Now price was $69.95. Either way the shipping was like $5.00. So I bid the minimun price and basically got the shipping free. My wife helped me put the stripes on and it only took about an hour. This weekend she helped me install a set of M&M sequential taillights.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
LiLJimmyNorton

ORIGINAL: Chrome

Hey Guys, my name is Chrome i am new to the Mustang forums as well as to owning a Mustang. I recently purchased a 2007 pony package redfire v6 in which i've decided my first appearence upgrade to be the addition of dual White Rally Strips from bumper to bumper. I called ford for recomendations of who applies their stripes and was given a shop here in Idaho who gave an appraisal of $500 for the order of the stripes and the labor work. After doing a search on Ebay i've found you can buy a full kit for about $165 after shipping. $500 seems rediculously high for something as simple as striping the car, am i wrong? And how hard would it be to install myself and what all is needed and entailed? Feedback would be greatly appriciated and i am greatful to have stumbled upon these great forums!
-Chrome
This might not be a popular opinion but im a firm believer that you get what you pay for... Sure you can find stripes cheaper than factory but i bet they are not as good and they wont last as long. If you plan on selling the car in a few years then who cares but if you plan on keeping it then spend the extra money and get a quality product.

I only say this because i have done what you are thinking and i ended up regreting it. Crappy Vinyl stripes are a dime a dozen and they look crappy when compared to quality decals. Ford stripes are about $350 ? vs ebay stripes that are $160? What does that tell you? yeah, yeah the dealer is more expensive but from my experience there is a reason for it.

Quick Reply: Applying Rally Stripes on Mustang..