Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default X-Charger Discussion Thread

I see that quite a few people here have the X-Charger, so I am opening this thread so that existing users can post their experiences with the unit, and so that people considering it can ask questions. As people ask questions, those of you currently running the x-charger are encouraged to lend some advice as needed!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger Discussion Thread

Great idea! I'll start it off by telling a little about my experience with the X:

I bought mine on the first GB earlier this year and did the install at Afixer's house in the infamous "Group Install". We had Dave and Patty from Explorer Express (the maker of the kit), Doug from B A M A for the tuning, and a bunch of guys who wanted to help and learn. The installation of the X is as easy as any FI that I personally have heard of; many people who are not mechanics have done the install with no help at all! The driving experience of the X is incredible, the low end torque is awesome and the power comes on instantaniuosly. For a daily driver it's perfect; you can stay out of boost and drive normal all day, or you can nail the gas and get on demand power. It's a perfect kit for the guy or gal who want's an all around driver; you can't beat it foe open track or autoX and it does very well on the 1/4 mile. Now if you're looking for the ultimate power machine for the strip you will probably want to go turbo, but if your track experience is like most you don't go very often. If you are into bracket racing an auto trans and an X are a killer comco. I couldn't be happier with my car with the X. If you have any questions post em here and I or one of the other X men will be glad to help.
PS the last GB was limited to 18 units and sold out in about two weeks; once 2 or 3 people commit the flood gates open up!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

have you made a pass with yours?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:32 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I've only run it once at an 1/8th mile track, went 9 seconds at 78 with a 1.9 60'. I'm obviously not a drag racer and I'm not set up for it, I have stock Pirelli tires and at the time had the stock LCA's. I like it and will get out again to get some practice and hopefully improve.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:06 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Navbtcret went 13.2 with his on the hipo kit if I remember correctly.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

with an autotrans?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:37 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

I ran a 13.2 with mine also, with the water injection and dyno tuned, I have an auto,
Old 08-26-2007, 07:39 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

with an autotrans?
Yea, Ron (Navbtcret) is an auto. I think at that time, he had 3.73's, LCA's and Mt ET streets on stock 17 inch bullits.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

i tried to keep track of names, but im not good about that...was his car yellow, maybe with black stripes? the guy who previously had some tuning issues?

by the way, my dad applauds your new best times.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:52 AM
JimC

Is there anyone with an X-charger in or near southeast Michigan? I'd like to take a look at one installed and spend some time talking with you.

Quick Reply: X-Charger Discussion Thread